• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest and ASA go above and beyond-video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I only watched the first 12 minutes, but I can't help but feel parts of this video are a direct jab at Pinnacle/Colgan.

After the Buffalo accident, Colgan management kept repeating, "we meet FAA requirements..." This video emphasizes doing more than just the minimums.

I am not sure what this video is meant to accomplish, but that is the feeling I got out of it.

I only watched the first 12 minutes, but I can't help but feel parts of this video are a direct jab at Pinnacle/Colgan.

After the Buffalo accident, Colgan management kept repeating, "we meet FAA requirements..." This video emphasizes doing more than just the minimums.

I am not sure what this video is meant to accomplish, but that is the feeling I got out of it.

I bet this is part of a presentation to prospective codeshare partners. Notice at the end of the video the narrator says "Our success has been your success", "Who do you want to really fly with? and "Skywest, safetly navigating risk"

Last edited:
OK, watched the remainder of it. Obviously spent some money on the making of the video. I can see where it would be aimed at investors or future mainline partners. We have higher standards. We are safer. We have more money in the bank. We have the right culture.

Well done video. Only a couple of half-truths and untruths in there.

22:30 minutes into the video... Aaaannnndd heere comes the 'stache. The mustache isn't camera shy at all, but the little man behind it seemed a little stoned. Am I wrong?

This is a way for a corporation to make a pitch to the company that insures you. Convince them you are safe and you keep the rates down.

Well done video. Only a couple of half-truths and untruths in there.

22:30 minutes into the video... Aaaannnndd heere comes the 'stache. The mustache isn't camera shy at all, but the little man behind it seemed a little stoned. Am I wrong?

Haha, I literally LOL'ed when I saw that. I love how Chip(away) says that SkyWest has more strict rest requirements than the FAA. BS! We ask for more rest and he refuses to budge off the FAA minimum!

What is interesting is the title screen that states "Skywest Airlines" not Skywest INC. The numbers quoted are combined Skywest and ASA.

Latest resources

Back