• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest ALPA vote prediction?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A yes vote is for unionization not democracy.
Unions are democracies. Rejecting the union is an endorsement of a dictatorship over your career.
Not calling is a no vote and an appropriate way to participate.

Non-participation is participating? I think not.

not true sir. Heard this from an ALPA rep himself. A phone call=a yes vote.
I just voted and I didn't hear a prompt for a "no" vote. You choose between ALPA or a write in. When I selected 1 for ALPA, the prompt asked me to confirm by pressing 1 again. I happened to be doing something at the time, and after about 3 seconds it said "your vote has been recorded" without me confirming it. I was going to, but I thought it was kind of funny that it did it anyway.

If you want to vote no, DON'T CALL.

not true sir. Heard this from an ALPA rep himself. A phone call=a yes vote.

I'd be interested in knowing who that ALPA rep was, because he's entirely incorrect. Directly from the NMB's website:

Q: How do voters vote no?

A: They do not call the TEV telephone number or they vote for "no representation" when the "write-in" portion of the ballot is prompted.
Read it for yourself: http://www.nmb.gov/representation/faqs-ola.html

I can always be wrong, but I think it might be 61% to 65% vote yes, and it will pass. At least that is how it feels in my domicile. And we are BRO pilots here offcourse.

Last time. Not calling is voting no. Voting no is participating! If they had a specific no choice it would be used.

Then congratulations! You will have 100% Pilot Participation.

I can always be wrong, but I think it might be 61% to 65% vote yes, and it will pass. At least that is how it feels in my domicile. And we are BRO pilots here offcourse.

I agree, it seems like the BRO bases in CA are strongly in favour. But of course the bigger bases of DEN, ORD and SLC are all flying jets and are too busy enjoying their days off to really care. Anyways. Not much waiting to go..................

Last time. Not calling is voting no. Voting no is participating! If they had a specific no choice it would be used.

And last time: non-participation is not participating. Take control of your career.

Latest resources

Back