• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest, AE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was looking for a job about a 1.5 years ago. I had interviewed at AE. The pay they offered was a joke. The only advantage was the ability to move to AA in three years...if there is an opening.:rolleyes:
Eventhough I hate to say it MESA offered a pretty good pay package. From what I hear, MESA isn't the best company to work for. I took a job w/ Skywest. The pay is decent as is the benifits. Your not going to get rich but your not going to starve either. FWIW,I would recommend them to anyone...Especially if your just starting out.

You wouldn't happen to work at ORD would you?

I've heard the same about starting pay at Eagle. American still has guys on furlough with more about to be laid off, so that 3 year move to AA isn't really that much of a benefit right now.

skywest is good place to work, however it is very hard to move up the ranks i.e level change, lead, insp. there are many high timers at skywest. making it hard to grow in your job. the pay is ok. while the benifits really suck. i left skywest because of the medical ins. i really hope skywest does something about it. but all in all i really enjoyed my time at skywest.
i would recommened working there to any mech.
there is currently no cap on pay

Last edited:
skywest is good place to work, however it is very hard to move up the ranks i.e level change, lead, insp. there are many high timers at skywest. making it hard to grow in your job. the pay is ok. while the benifits really suck. i left skywest because of the medical ins. i really hope skywest does something about it. but all in all i really enjoyed my time at skywest.
i would recommened working there to any mech.
there is currently no cap on pay
I'm guessing you worked in SLC/fat/. I always see postings for leads/sups in ord,tus. level changes are based on your ojt signoffs/ experience on the a/c etc. yeah i agree that the ins. isn't the best.

Latest resources

Back