Skywest, AE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psysicx

What is the pay like at Skywest and AE? What does it top out at? And does Delta still have people on furlough?

What is the pay like at Skywest and AE? What does it top out at? And does Delta still have people on furlough?

Don't know about AE but here's what I remember for Skywest.

I started there 3 1/2 years ago as a level 2 mechanic at $17.25 hour. That was including the $.25 afternoon shirft premium and a base override for ORD of $2, and the RII premium of $.30 (i think that's right). When I quit I was at $21.71.

There are three levels in the mechanic payscale, each one gives you more responsiblities, I.E. airworthiness release, Taxi Qual. etc. A new hire with no experience will get hired in as a level one. Level three is the highest.

I don't know what the level pay raises are exactely but they are in the $1+ range.

There are also different location overrides. SFO $4. ORD $3. LAX, DEN, and a few others were $2. SLC, COS were both a $1 override. I know SGU had no base override. If I think of anything else i'll let you know or let us know if you got any more questions.

People staying 20+ years is more common than you'd think, especially for a regional. Out west there were quite a few guys with 10+ years. I know one guy in SLC that had been there for awhile (15+ years) that was in the low $30's range. It does take awhile to get there though. The last longevity raise you recieve is at the 15 year mark, there's also a longevity raise at the 10 and 5 year mark also.

I'll try to get ahold of a few of my buddies over there in the next day or two to find out what the pay is capped at right now.

I moved on to Continental about 7 months ago. While I like the where i'm at now, in light of current oil prices, part of me wishes i wouldn't have left Skywest.

Over all though, SkyWest was a pretty decent place to work. Personally I enjoyed most of my time over there. Road trips were always fun as the RJ's break constantly. Anyway, let me see what I can find out for you and i'll post it on here.

What base/bases are you looking at possibly working at?

I was looking for a job about a 1.5 years ago. I had interviewed at AE. The pay they offered was a joke. The only advantage was the ability to move to AA in three years...if there is an opening.:rolleyes:
Eventhough I hate to say it MESA offered a pretty good pay package. From what I hear, MESA isn't the best company to work for. I took a job w/ Skywest. The pay is decent as is the benifits. Your not going to get rich but your not going to starve either. FWIW,I would recommend them to anyone...Especially if your just starting out.

Latest resources

Back