SkyWest acquisition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyGuy34

According to the recent article on regional Airlines in USA Today.. SkyWest has 460 million dollars in cash and is thinking about acquiring a regional airline. Anybody know who this target regional might be?

The rumor I heard was ExpressJet. This is only an unsubstantiated, unfounded, rumor that I heard somewhere. I have no facts to support it, and don't remember where I heard it.

I've been at SkyWest for five years now, and I can honestly say this rumor comes around every 4 months or so with a different regional tacked on the end.

Believe it when you see it happen. Until then, I'd not sweat it much.

Eagle. Is there a betting pool on this one?

NO kdding here.....
Last week or the week before We (Era Aviation) had an FO interview at SKW. He was told by the CP that they like him, etc, but told him to camp out for a couple of weeks (at Era) untill they get something strait - the CP pretty much told this guy that they are interested in Era and will get back to him.
This sounds pretty crazy, you think this is something that can actually happen? If they were to acquire Era, my guess would be to pretty much get rid of the entire current fleet and replace it with 7-8 Brasilias and operate under the code share Era has with Alaska Airlines. What do you all think - Possible, or IMPOSSIBLE?

Sure would be nice!

anything's possible. xjet tried to buy pinnacle out of the blue, some months back. what i've learned in my short time in this industry is, as soon as you think you've got something figured out, you're wrong.

who knows why any airline acquires anyone. only the bean counters and the guys with the 'big picture' know why they do what they do. we just fly the airplanes they tell us, where they tell us. much less stress that way that way!

ILStoMinimums said:
NO kdding here.....
Last week or the week before We (Era Aviation) had an FO interview at SKW. He was told by the CP that they like him, etc, but told him to camp out for a couple of weeks (at Era) untill they get something strait - the CP pretty much told this guy that they are interested in Era and will get back to him.
This sounds pretty crazy, you think this is something that can actually happen? If they were to acquire Era, my guess would be to pretty much get rid of the entire current fleet and replace it with 7-8 Brasilias and operate under the code share Era has with Alaska Airlines. What do you all think - Possible, or IMPOSSIBLE?

Sure would be nice!
Nice work of fiction.
CP's don't do interviews.
Revealing non-public information could be a violation of SEC rules.
If Era is non-union then SkyWest might acquire them though. Nothing is impossible. They used to own Scenic.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back