• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest 900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I asked a question...it wasn't rhetorical. You answered with your opinion, thanks. If anything was taken as implied that would be you doing it, not me. I implied nothing. I just know I wouldn't be excited at all right now with this news, obviously just like you.

CD

They just made the official announcement on Skywest internal website. 6 CRJ 900's for skywest in SLC. It's in PDF format. Two in sept and all in service by november. 10 business and 60 coach seats.

That is kind of interesting that the 6 you speak of matches up nicely with CT's most recent insult to the ASA pilots when he claimed "we" (pilots) lost the first 6 900's for ASA. Is it true? I don't know. In CT's first letter he spoke of the loss of more than 6 (I believe it was 13). Again, he claimed it was the pilot's fault. I think I'll start blaming my crappy landings on his managment style, seems about as accurate as him blaming the pilots for crappy management. It would be perfect though if all this turned out to be one big spin job (which I sincerely believe it is). What better way to clearly show both pilot groups that we need to get together so we don't all get whiplash!

-Blucher

curtaindriver said:
Not trying to flame, but are some of you guys actually excited to be flying airplanes this large at Express? I understand about making your career the best at where you are currently, but if where you are currently isn't your true goal, then be careful about how "good" you think you are making it.

CD

You should direct your question to DALPA

outtahere said:
Now that all you sissys over there sold out ASA for 900's whats next?

Um... Excuse me, what?

Between the purchase of ASA by SkyWest Inc. and now, what exactly have SkyWest pilots done to sell you out?

Quick answer and quicker lesson: decisions like these have been made without any input by SkyWest pilots. Without organized representation (as many have pointed out) we have no say in what management does.

You cannot point out how SkyWest pilots are subject to the whims of management due to their lack of a union, and at the same time hold them responsible for management decisions. The two points are mutually exclusive.

This is the reason there is an ALPA drive in fully swing right now. Cards will be in the mail shortly...

Yeh, the Alpa drive is in full swing so we can hurry up and merge lists so we can be junior to ASA guys. After all we owe that to those guys for letting us buy them.

Guys, you're missing the point here.

The SkyWest web site said these airplanes were going to SLC? Then they never were coming to ASA. Why would ASA get airplanes for a domicile that we just closed?

This is just a way for ASA mgmt. to spin this to make it look like the pilots' fault. It's convenient that Delta planning needed 6 additional RJs in SLC, and ASA mgmt. took full advantage of the situation to try to scare the pilots.

Sweptback is right. It will be the same with that LAX flying that was to be ASA's. How the heck are we to fly those routes without a west coast domicile?

When the contract is finally settled, I expect ASA to join in the expansion pocess....unless we disappear of course.

Just what JA and BL want, you to fight amongst yourselves. It's called whipsawing and all of you are falling for it. Well, most of you. Some are too smart to fall for their crap and some are just here to throw flames. It is clear who the flamers are. Those Goofs go on my ignore list.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back