Skyways Big Announcement Next Week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very sorry to hear this guys.

Wow, this is absolutely BS. I worked at Skyway for about a year and half back in 04-05. Great group of guys to fly with and I have many great memories.

Any of the Skyway pilots are welcome to PM me if you are interested in NetJets at all. I'd be more than willing to write letters of rec to any of you that I have flown with. Looking forward to speaking with some of you soon.

Any Skyway pilot can PM me also, I have contacts at Republic. I will call my contact today and tell that person to get some preferential stuff going.

D

Very sorry to hear all of this terrible news. I have to say I am shocked at the news but I cant say Im terribly surprised. Skyway was rumored to be on the chopping block ever since AirTran started their takeover bid. I really think this was all part of the plan all along with TPG. GOULET will be needing work shortly and on behalf of the Skyway pilots, we do appriciate anything you guys can do to help us out.

This totally blows. I worked at Skyway 3 1/2 years, and still have a bunch of friends there.

Skyway had some parts that were so well done (training, for example, was the best out of the four airlines I've worked at including SWA)... and others (like business management) were totally incompetent. I guess I'm not surprised, but it's still depressing.

I've been furloughed before... it's not the end of the world (it's just a job, not even a good one!), but it ain't no picnic either. Good luck, ya'll...

Very sorry to hear these news. I would encourage you to try looking at the Fractionals. Seems that they are stepping up with pay packages that are quite frankly better than some majors. Good luck to all of you. I'm sure that all of you will end up with another job, sometimes a better one.

And more pilot's jobs are whacked by the Mormon Mafia...
Not quite true, they just hit the reset button on their seniority and paygrade, jobs required will most likely remain the same, just at a lower rate. Who coulda missed this one coming?
PBR

Last edited:
That was seven years I won't get back! The worst part is that I have a baby due ten days after we shut the doors. I just want to tell the people that are bagging on the Skywest boys to take their heads out of their asses and quit breathing the methane. The real villians here are Midwest management! Be angry with the right folks. On a better note. I want to say that I have enjoyed flying with, and training alot of good people here. This isn't the end of the world.... Just the begining of a good drunk! And you can qoute me on that one.

That was seven years I won't get back! The worst part is that I have a baby due ten days after we shut the doors. I just want to tell the people that are bagging on the Skywest boys to take their heads out of their asses and quit breathing the methane. The real villians here are Midwest management! Be angry with the right folks. On a better note. I want to say that I have enjoyed flying with, and training alot of good people here. This isn't the end of the world.... Just the begining of a good drunk! And you can qoute me on that one.

Ha...for me it was a week of my life with you torturing me in the sim in March last year! All that for f***ing nothing! I'm already on my 4th cold one.

Latest resources

Back