• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyways Big Announcement Next Week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are they buying Mesas 1900 operation? Probably worth a couple of hundred grand...

Two 1900s will stay at MKE to cover EAS (all day trips, no overnights), and the remainder will go to MCI to take-over the old Air Midwest flying.

The J328s will follow when SkyWest gets the other airframes to MKE.

Skyway!! Not SkyWest!!

I bet ATC NEVER makes that mistake...;)

Who the heck really knows. Maybe DOJ has greenlighted the TPG deal and they are announcing that and the 170 orders. Or, to follow Foley's example, “We are disappointed that Skyway was unable to overcome disappointing revenue, unusually bad weather and record-high fuel prices, obstacles which we now believe make it impossible to achieve sustained profitability...”

Two 1900s will stay at MKE to cover EAS (all day trips, no overnights), and the remainder will go to MCI to take-over the old Air Midwest flying.

The J328s will follow when SkyWest gets the other airframes to MKE.

I bet ATC NEVER makes that mistake...;)

Who the heck really knows. Maybe DOJ has greenlighted the TPG deal and they are announcing that and the 170 orders. Or, to follow Foley's example, “We are disappointed that Skyway was unable to overcome disappointing revenue, unusually bad weather and record-high fuel prices, obstacles which we now believe make it impossible to achieve sustained profitability...”

Thats stretching things a bit thin with the 4 remaining 1900s!

Thats stretching things a bit thin with the 4 remaining 1900s!

Sorry, I'm sure Skyway has never been "stretched thin" in terms of a spare aircraft and or staffing. :beer:

Expect the unexpected!

Nothing will be a surprise, well, except for the 170's, the TPG deal closing, and anything that resembles a growth plan.

HA! Very well said deadstick. Im sure its just another rumored announcement that will result in no word from anybody. If the TPG did go through, they sure as hell wouldn't be sitting on that news. You are very right though....expect the unexpected!

So there actually is a rumored announcement? I hadn't heard anything before I saw this...but thats what happens when you actually get a few days off!

So there actually is a rumored announcement? I hadn't heard anything before I saw this...but thats what happens when you actually get a few days off!

yeah ive heard nothing either other than what you jokers start. i guess we should say that there is a big announcement coming from (fill in with your airline) soon. sometimes i cant even believe i read or reply to this crap!

I as well have heard of no rumor at the airport. Just another FI annoucement rumor that will have no merit.

Latest resources

Back