Skyways Big Announcement Next Week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
russtgol, you started this thread. Like the Marine said, "Source?"

Just like high school let's have some footnotes with references on this info.
But seriously MELIT was telling me the whole story this morning...

<<There are many classic stories of crews getting stuck in an outstation when their companies close their doors overnight.>>

Any Skyway'ers remember the story from this punchline?
"Beware the Pizza!"

Watch out for unexpected and unexplained 'parties' which you're all supposed to attend!

Any Skyway'ers remember the story from this punchline?
"Beware the Pizza!"

Watch out for unexpected and unexplained 'parties' which you're all supposed to attend!

I would suppose it would be an outstation closing, but it seems more like something they would do at a 1900 station. You'll have to refresh my memory. Let's see, stations opened and/or closed in my seven year tenure:

FWA
IAD
RDU
CVG
SBN
LSE
LAN
TVC
MLI
CID
LIT
RFD

and after that:
DLH
MQT
RHI?
ESC?

Any others I'm missing Jerky?

oh boy the rumors are flying! fellow syx'er just texted me saying he heard we were bought by SKYW...what the hell would they want to do with SYX?

oh boy the rumors are flying! fellow syx'er just texted me saying he heard we were bought by SKYW...what the hell would they want to do with SYX?

Maybe there is credit to the story of taking the Bro's to the Midwest side to do EAS. The CRJ's will just replace the MD80/717 flying (with CRJ1000's) and the J328's (+40 "new" ones from the PRC) will do the short-haul stuff from MKE and MCI.

How will that seniority list look?

You saw it here first!

Source: My fourth point of contact.

No GV is not the Chief Pilot here anymore. He left about 2 months ago to go to Big Sky only to get there and find out they are going belly up. Ive heard he is out of a job as of the end of January. I have to say I feel sorry for the guy if that is all true.

What time is the big announcement expected?!?!?! Good thing im not on an overnight.

GOULET thinks this Skyway rumor is complete B.S. for the record. TPG just gave another briefing last week to the Midwest board letting them know that they are still 100% behind the buyout. They expect approval by 01/31. That will be the true answer of the future of Skyway.

Latest resources

Back