Skyway?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prop2Jet said:
Any word on what is happening @ Skyway? Hiring? Future classes?

~Prop2Jet

Company recalled the November 2004 furloughees (about five of the original 20) and I think there's a class of 20 right now. ALL are going to the Beech for a LONG time.

Most pilots leaving are 200 and higher on the list with little movement in the lower numbers. I sense a number of Jet CA's are going to be Skyway lifers - most don't want to start over again at the bottom somewhere else or are WI natives.

Good luck.

Peace

SF

Prop2Jet said:
Thanks! Hope there will be room soon for another FO!

C yah!

Hey GP!!!

P2J,

Your enthusiasm is great and would be appreciated by Skyway. Good pilot group and still a place where everyone knows everyone else. Several friends recently quit here for larger regionals where it's a larger, more spread-out pilot group but their choice will net a larger paycheck after the first year.

Just keep your expectations realistic when thinking of Skyway. We're tied to Midwest Airlines who is financially conservative (read: cheap and wanting everything on their terms which means something for nothing), so don't expect quick growth. There's a multitude of reasons why pilots are leaving. So, if offered a position, carefully weigh the pros and cons then make a decision.

Peace

SF

Thanks for the advice! I have several friends who fly for Skyway and "LOVE" the job and the people. I know $ is a factor but I have to start somewhere. Anyhow, I hope things do work out for the best and sooner!!!!

Cheers,

P2J

I have several friends who fly for Skyway and "LOVE" the job and the people.

Dude, you'll learn.

You must be one of those guys who went to Florida then nine months later had all your ratings and NO EXPERIENCE, and year and a half later you've got 1500/100 and still very little experience.

I'll tell you something about Skyway, I interviewed for an FO spot 3 years ago. The Chief Pilot is a jerk, the fleet manager for the 1900s is also a pr!ck. My buddy on the inside told me I wasn't hired because I wore the wrong color tie to the interview. Come on! Who wants to work for a company like that anyway?

Skyway is a means to an end (like a job at MedEx) for some, but by no means a "Professional" group of pilots. Management is made up of some guys who are extatic to have some power and they wield it like a kid who just got their secret decoder ring.----Sorry Dave

Jet_Driver said:
Dude, you'll learn.

You must be one of those guys who went to Florida then nine months later had all your ratings and NO EXPERIENCE, and year and a half later you've got 1500/100 and still very little experience.

I'll tell you something about Skyway, I interviewed for an FO spot 3 years ago. The Chief Pilot is a jerk, the fleet manager for the 1900s is also a pr!ck. My buddy on the inside told me I wasn't hired because I wore the wrong color tie to the interview. Come on! Who wants to work for a company like that anyway?

Skyway is a means to an end (like a job at MedEx) for some, but by no means a "Professional" group of pilots. Management is made up of some guys who are extatic to have some power and they wield it like a kid who just got their secret decoder ring.----Sorry Dave

I highly doubt it was the tie that was your demise. I wore a purple shirt and tie to the interview and here I am. If you think the management people are pricks, I think you should quit whining about not getting hired here, and go nurse your ego someplace else.

Jet_Driver said:
Skyway is a means to an end

So. Isn't almost every other regional out there a stepping stone? Wasn't until recently that because of the majors not hiring anyone, that the regionals became a place to retire.

Jet Driver.
1st. Don't assume you know me or my experiences.
2nd. My flight time came from flying night cargo not a florida school. We all start somewhere and for some people that means choosing what is correct for them. Sorry you feel that way.

Have a great day!

fliynhi said:
what kind of mins do they have?

700tt -50 multi
Thats mins. But they want commercial experience if you have really low time. As long as you meet the mins, heck, apply. What are they going to tell you? Wrong color tie? I doubt that. Can't hurt though.

Latest resources

Back