Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prop2Jet said:
Jet Driver.
1st. Don't assume you know me or my experiences.
2nd. My flight time came from flying night cargo not a florida school. We all start somewhere and for some people that means choosing what is correct for them. Sorry you feel that way.

Have a great day!

There you go.

Jet_Driver said:
Dude, you'll learn.

You must be one of those guys who went to Florida then nine months later had all your ratings and NO EXPERIENCE, and year and a half later you've got 1500/100 and still very little experience.

I'll tell you something about Skyway, I interviewed for an FO spot 3 years ago. The Chief Pilot is a jerk, the fleet manager for the 1900s is also a pr!ck. My buddy on the inside told me I wasn't hired because I wore the wrong color tie to the interview. Come on! Who wants to work for a company like that anyway?

Skyway is a means to an end (like a job at MedEx) for some, but by no means a "Professional" group of pilots. Management is made up of some guys who are extatic to have some power and they wield it like a kid who just got their secret decoder ring.----Sorry Dave

Maybe mgmt may be 'extatic' to abuse their power, but the pilots I've shot the breeze with in MKE were very professional and cool to be around. If the guy wants to work there let him. I'm sure they'd be happy to have them there. Back in the day, (pre-DoJet) many guys went to Skyway and upgraded on the mighty Beech and were gone to the majors in a year's time, with enough seniority to avoid the mighty axe post 9/11.

Rook

I could not find info on this on the web so I thought one of you might know the answer: Do you get paid for training at Skyway? Hotel? Just wondering.

Thanks!

You are paid guarantee from day one, but have to find a place to stay on your own. When I was in ground school in october there were plenty of vacancies at various crash pads. With all the attrition there shouldn't be a problem finding a room.

Jet_Driver said:
Dude, you'll learn.

You must be one of those guys who went to Florida then nine months later had all your ratings and NO EXPERIENCE, and year and a half later you've got 1500/100 and still very little experience.

I'll tell you something about Skyway, I interviewed for an FO spot 3 years ago. The Chief Pilot is a jerk, the fleet manager for the 1900s is also a pr!ck. My buddy on the inside told me I wasn't hired because I wore the wrong color tie to the interview. Come on! Who wants to work for a company like that anyway?

Skyway is a means to an end (like a job at MedEx) for some, but by no means a "Professional" group of pilots. Management is made up of some guys who are extatic to have some power and they wield it like a kid who just got their secret decoder ring.----Sorry Dave

you maybe didn't get hired because you didn't have what they wanted....just a thought. Maybe a better attitude would help you get hired at a "means" airline so you could one day find the "end" airline.

Waco

Prop2Jet said:
Congrats on the Air Guard BoilerUp!

Thanks! Looks like CRW might lose their airplanes to active duty, so I might be SOL and looking for another gig in the end, but we'll see...

Latest resources

Back