• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyway Pilots say "NO F'n WAY"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just thought I would throw this into the mix. If a you had a 75 hour gaurantee (which is probably at the high end), a new FO would have to make more than $22/hr to make over 20 grand a year. How many regionals really start out that high. After the first year, you have a gripe though. Good luck Skyway, I used to like seeing another 1900 in MKG.

And by the way, let's keep politics out of the jumpseat.

Hi!

At which regionals do the FOs make over $20K year, base salary?

Trans States Airlines, ACA, Comair, Air Wisconsin.

I think Chautauqua's contract is the same or better than TSA's, so they make more. I think SkyWest FOs make more to start out.

I'll bet ASA and Horizon do, although I haven't seen that in print.

I know that Skyway, Pinnacle (NW Airlink), Corporate, Great Lakes and Air Chicago don't. It doesn't sound like Mesa or Mesaba does.

I'm not sure about Eagle.

Cliff
GRB

PS-I'm so glad I have a flying job, especially with good pay, and it seems VERY stable compared with the PAX airlines right now. If I had gone back to my regional, I would be about 55 numbers from getting furloughed.

Last edited:
Hud said:
The Beech guys are home every day, though, which to me is worth more than $. Pay sucks though, no two ways about it.

Unfortunately, not any more. I average 10 overnights per bid, and haven't broken min guarantee for months. Used to have 100+ hour lines with all out and backs...ah, the good old days!

Skyway Pay

I currnetly work at Skyway and can tell ya I won't get close to 20K this year...................

Unified
Joe

Last edited:
Mesa F/O pay starts at 20.42/hr on the jet, it also increases with date of signing as well as longevity. I think 1st year F/o pay in a few years increases to 22.05 or so. (might be off slightly) Second year is around 28/hr (increases to around 30/hr), and third year about 31/hr (increases close to 33/hr). Not very high compared to what ive seen with comair, but very comparable with transtates, chatauqua, eagle, coex, pinnacle. Our guarentee is 70hrs per month BUT that is based on a 28DAY BID period, which is the same as 75HR/ 30 DAY bid. Per diem in the TA is a lousy 1.15 which is based on the CPI every year. I am told that increases 3-6% per year(whoopy) Hope this answers your questions.

Young aviatior question-what does "Per diem mean?"

Per diem is a rate that pilots earn for every hour they are away from base. It is supposed to be to offset the cost of food during a trip. You get per diem for every single hour you are gone on a trip, even if you are sleeping.

I can only speak for SWA (which I believe is representative of most operations).

Per Diem is paid from Check In to Release, including the entire time away from base if RONs are involved, (expressed in hours X rate.)

Example : a 3 day evening trip for us totals approximately 55-60 hours away from base X our PD rate ($2.15 ... I think)...

Our report is 1 hour prior to scheduled push and we are released 30 mins after we block in.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back