Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StaySeated

IBT does not represent ME
A glimmer of hope in the race to the bottom.

It appears that this afternoon at the National Mediation Board the Skyway pilots said no to a "take it or leave it" offer. We have been in negotiations for nearly two years and currently work under a five year old, bottom of the industry contract. The details of the offer have not been released but concessions were included (Never mind the fact that our FO's make less than 20K and not one captain makes more than 60K) and Mesa threats were thrown around. We may be going out of business but we are not going down without a fight.

GOD BLESS you Skyway boyz.

"and Mesa threats were thrown around"

Yep, Air Midwest will get the 1900's and the dorkjet will turn into E-145's at Mesaup.

GOD BLESS you Skyway boyz

Flying the middle finger to the last. Thank you for having enough guts to do the right thing.

In response to the MESA threats did you tell them that you were not FRENCH?

Skyways

Maybe you should check with the folks that do news releases for you folks. On the Yahoo Finance, it said that the Skyways negotiating committee offered pay concessions to the Company and that the COMPANY said "NO WAY" rather than the pilots.

Which way is it?

As for you Mesa bashers, well, I guess you'll just need to walk a mile in our shoes.....

"Last Pay till the Last Day" isn't that the slogan the Mesa Bashers would like us to adopt?

BTW, looks like McCain has FINALLY found the real culprit, CEO compensation that borders on the insane! What was it, 9.5 million for the UAL CEO?

StaySeated said:
A glimmer of hope in the race to the bottom.
our FO's make less than 20K and not one captain makes more than 60K) and Mesa threats were thrown around.

Mesa has lots of guys who make more than 60K, and I think their FO's start higher than 20k too. Might want to thow around Mesa #'s some more. They're a significant improvement to yours, right?

Remember, your negotiations will be seen as a failure by all pilots unless you secure a payscale higher than anything currently out there. Anything else is 'lowering the bar'.

Nobody makes more than 60K? You're gonna' need a stool just to reach the bar!

Good luck.

Nice try.

Mesa work rules are substandard to Mc Donalds.

Absolutely DISGUSTING.

You've taken the Eagle contract and GUTTED IT !

Pathetic.

As more and more regional managment throw this new ammmo (courtesy of Mesa pilots) to strong-arm their pilots to the "Mesa level", Mesa pilots will become more dispised.

Now you've let Johnny O. have a chance at spreading his cancer THROUGHOUT the regional industry.

JUMPSEAT CLOSED (it's all I can do).

eaglefly said:
JUMPSEAT CLOSED (it's all I can do).

No, I'm sure there's more you can do to skrew fellow pilots that are just trying to get to work or home. And then they can skrew you in return. And then once again WE ALL LOSE.

All this squabbling is almost funny. At the majors, first United's pilots win big, then Delta gets their United +1%. Well, United's lost theirs and anyone wanna bet how long Delta keeps earning wages 40-50% higher than anyone else in the industry? J.O. has turned out to be a very effective union-buster. Heck, today anyone can succeed at that. Any of you guys that look down your nose at another carrier may soon be worse off.

AND FOR GOSH'S SAKE, KEEP ALL THIS STUFF AWAY FROM THE JUMPSEAT!!!

AND FOR GOSH'S SAKE, KEEP ALL THIS STUFF AWAY FROM THE JUMPSEAT!!!

Listen to this man; he knows what he's talking about.

We'll all be sorry if we don't play nice.

I'm not going to get in a pissing match here. I was just asking whether Mesa FO's start at more than 20K (YV guys, do you?) and to point out that the idea the Skyway pilots are going to raise the bar, considering the state of the industry and their current contract, is unrealistic, at best.

Who gave pilots the power to personally determine whether the contract that another pilot works under is worthy? How much does your stuff stink, huh? Go get some toilet paper 'cause your attitude is BUTT!

Be whatever you want on this board, but, if not for you, then for your fellow pilots, be a professional when you're on the job.

Skyway guys, good luck!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back