Skyway Newhire ?'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Chi Town

I just got the letter from Skyway saying I am in the hiring pool! I am very excited to be starting a 121 career. Anyhow, I have some questions on the training process and hope someone can help out...

1) What is the pay during training?
2) Is a hotel room provided?
3) Where does the training take place (all in MKE?)
4) Any rumors on when the next calss will be and how many people will be in it?

Any other advice or insights please let me know!

Thanks!

Congrats on your hiring!!

You will not be in the pool long, from what I've heard the class on Mon the 12th of Apr is not even full. The next class after that should be coming soon.

The pay during training is 75 hrs/ mo @ approx $17-18 per hour ( I can't remember exactly).

They do not put you up during ground school, which is in MKE, since you will be based there anyway. They have a deal with the Baymont Inn and several other hotels are cheap. There are also many crashpads available. When you go to the sim, however, a hotel is provided.

Since United just released ACA from its contract, Skyway should have their DOJets on the property soon. If so, you'll be a captain before you know it.

Congrats again, you may have just stumbled over a fast-track to the majors.

Exupflyer

You might be based in CVG when Skyway takes over the Dojos from ACA.....

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Well CVG can't be as expensive as MKE is to live in.....

Jobear

General,

I hope your right, as a new hire in the next class at Skyway I could use some good news regarding Delta. I guess if that happens I will finally get to fly Delta passengers again just not at mainline.

Skyway seems to be a good company who doesn't require seniority resignation (I won't use any references to another airline in Cincy), and they do know the Do Jets as we have 10 now with hopefully 33 more.

Take care.

Is this official?

I haven't seen any press releases or anything to supprort this Delta Dojet thing. Is this official or is it wishfull thinking running wild? I wish the Skyway guys the best on the growth possibilitys.

DD

exupflyer said:
You will not be in the pool long, from what I've heard the class on Mon the 12th of Apr is not even full.

How do you define "full"? The next class has 14 new hires along with several CA upgrades - all for the 1900.

Skyway doesn't have a set "number" for class size. Recent classes have been anywhere from 6 to 28.

TBKANE,

I am glad that you got a job with a good company and I look forward to your return to Delta some day soon I hope. And, I know exactly who you were talking about in CVG.....

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

But this can't be....

What? Skyway? But.. they cant because they are too small. So much for the nay sayers. :cool: :D :)

Happy happy joy joy

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back