• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

skyway, Jim Rankin meeting?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was at SYX when they are working on the Delta deal. They kept telling us it is happening soon until the day it fall apart. Don't drink the kool aid, the mgnt are bunch of liars.

what's this?

I left skyway when the delta deal crapped out then went to AWAC. I hope he doesn't blow anymore deals for us.

8AF said:
Looks like he is abandoning ship. SYX will not be around much longer.

8AF...were you at the meeting? Give it a rest you lame a$$ think before you speak a$$hole

and im sure it is all his fault wackjob

The timing of this is very interesting. To me it would seem like a slap in the face of AWAC if they don't get the contract. I liked Jim and thought he always had good intentions. In the end, all he was, was a dog on a leash of the suits at Midwest. He had no freedom in his job because Midwest cut's the checks and tells him what he can/can't say. It's a shame but the reality of the job. I wish him luck at AWAC where I think he will do alot of good. I wish Skyway luck but I think an announcement is coming soon and I doubt it will be good for the pilots here.

last i heard, awac wanted to much and midwest wasnt going to pay as much as they wanted. but who knows, i thought my source was credible, we will have to see this whole thing is starting to smell like fish though!

anyone go to the meeting last night? wasnt able to go. did jim talk about his departure?

im not sure i can post it, but i have the minutes from the council 60 meeting. have to ask our MEC first.

JR said that he was not involved in the RFP process as it would be a conflict of interest. He also said that his decision to leave SYX was independant to the RFP, just better opportunities for him and his family at Air Wisconsin. ( I guess more $$ and actually the ability to manage the company, unlike at SYX where everything is dictated by YX).

He sees a promissing future for SYX in the long run, just that at this point 50 seaters cannot be financed as the market is flooded with them. SYX could potentialy finance 90 seaters, as banks would be willing to invest in those, but it won't happen because Midwest is flying 88 seaters (717), so its regional carrier cannot fly bigger 90 seaters!

May be it's time for SYX ro get the 717s! and YX some A-320's!

Latest resources

Back