Skyway Exodus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GP:

I feel the same way, and you said it without lowering yourself to the lower levels of some.

HP

greenpickle said:
Samballs - you are not only an angry misdirected soul but you are also clueless. Rankin is the only reason we are having any chance at all at growth. he is the one beaten on the doors for business. You would be complaining if he wasnt doing anything. You have moved on, get over yourself. Go bag on your new employer if you want but leave us alone. You probably were pi$$ing yourself with excitement when you got your job at Skyway and now it was the "most depressing time" of your life. You are just flamebait. For that reason I shouldnt have responded but unfortunately there are people like you out there. Have fun at your new carrier and I hope they are your promised land that you always hope for. You will be sorely missed.

GP

Well said! That's all he wants is to hear himself talk and piss off everyone on these threads. His day will come! Good Luck to you Skywex guys and grls!

Skyway gave me my first chance in a 121 carrier. The training was excellent; and as a stepping stone for something else, flying those routes in either plane in the upper Midwest schizo weather was a great experience. As pilot group SYX is your nitty gritty type. They are tight, fearless without being reckless, and fun.

The problems at SYX had to do more with the Ol Midamerica attitude about doing business. It is like a friend from Wisc. told me, " ...once you crossed that stateline (IL WI) you enter I time warp, we are always ten years behind..."
The lack of an agresive and disciplined approcah hurt SYX. Mr.Rankin was trying really hard to break the old model on which Mid and Syx had based their relationhip.

As a platform for future expansion a 328 fleet based only in MKE is not feasible. I love flying that bird. Pilots here at COEX (especially those CLE based) always tell how amazing it is to see the DOJO climb" like a homesick angel". We know the issues with the 328 so no need to go there.

I like to welcome all SYX folks that are coming to ExpressJet; feel free to PM. I am a Houstonian so if you need any tribal knowledge of the city or state let me know. The wx is hot,humid and August is not even here yet, but there are things to do and knowing you way around will help. If you have been hired but not in training do not worry, if you survived SYX you will excel at XJET.

Take Folks

Hey Hyepilot (are you high?)

2 Things......

1) You are taking a risk if you leave or if you stay. I think IlliniPilot said is best when he said that 1000 hours of 1900D time isnt worth much when compared to all the RJ pilots looking to move up as well. Those guys are not career guys at some of these regionals!

2) You remind me of this guy I used to know. I think I met him at the In-n-Out Burger right next to LAX. But he used to fly Cargo out of IMT so Im sure it isnt you.....Best of luck to all at SYX, great people under management with limited vision!!!

What would good would it do me to move sideways instead of up? You know given the chance five years ago I probably would have made the move myself. But the fact is that I have a good job that pays my bills for now. I am looking at something else, I don't see myself making a career out of SYX. And who says that a 1000 hours of turbo prop time is worthless? I never read on any application 1000 hours of jet time. Though I'm sure there are companies out there that do require jet pic time, but there are many others that don't make that a requirment.
SWA doesn't say anything about jet time just 1000 turbine pic.
Your right though, we are a great bunch of pilots working for management with limited vision.
HP

Thank you GP for once again putting it the way it really is at Skyway and not letting people like Samballs to claim that he knows whats really going on. Lets not forget GP that Samballs was sitting in on all the meetings with Tim and Jim. Please....Shut your fat pie hole samballs. Your response to these posts just goes to show how little factual information you even have. Hope the kool-aid at your new job tastes great Samballs.

And GP, let me know where I can ride one of those "things" in your avitar. Looks like something that you could find at the Wisconsin State Fair.

Im out folks!!!

Let me clarify, 1000 hours of Turbine PIC is NOT worthless, at all. BUt if your chance to add Jet PIC time to that is very very far off, then it is not as worth while.
If over a 5 year span you can have 1000 hours of Jet PIC in a/c over 20,000lbs, or in five years 2000 hours of only turbine PIC with uncertainty as to when the Jet PIC time will come, then what??

That is my point. If I never know when I will be able to enhance my resume with jet PIC is it worth staying. for me it appears not.

Regards
D

Scapegoat said:
Illini Pilot,

You are wiser beyond your years with your last statement.....

Even if you do like the Red Sux!!!!

SG

More like he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night! ;)

Good luck, IP, on your new gig. :D

Peace

SF

Latest resources

Back