Skyway: Everyone gets severence pay, except pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DH106

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that, with Skyway shutting down flight ops, everyone will get severence, except the pilots. Management claims that, since it's not in the pilot contract, the pilots won't be getting any. Flight attendants, mechanics, and management will all get severence, but not the pilots.

So, any Skyway guys, I'm curious:
1) Is anyone using their sick time until its depleted?
2) Is anyone simply refusing to come to work?
3) Is anyone doing anything that'll stick it to Uncle Tim?

I'm just curious -- UT is just a SOB.

this is straight BS...glad to see ALPA is standing on theyre hands on this one...guess its past the point of no return...I wish all you SkywayX guys nothing but the best...esspecially the Captains that paid theyre dues and now are gonna take it up the a$$ at Skywest with some 20 year old tool from Riddle Prescott whose senior to them...biggest load of crap ive ever heard...go to Netjets boys and tell Midwest to stick it...

this is straight BS...glad to see ALPA is standing on theyre hands on this one...guess its past the point of no return...I wish all you SkywayX guys nothing but the best...esspecially the Captains that paid theyre dues and now are gonna take it up the a$$ at Skywest with some 20 year old tool from Riddle Prescott whose senior to them...biggest load of crap ive ever heard...go to Netjets boys and tell Midwest to stick it...

You must fly for XJT

Any Skyway guys want to chime-in? No thread hijacks, please.

Best of luck to you folks. One good note is that it shouldn't take long at all to find another job.

Piedmont will be hiring 30 a month this year with the upgrades now down to a tad over 2 years. In fact by the end of this year most FO's won't have the time to upgrade, so if your in the 2000 hrs range it could happen faster.

www. piedmont-airlines.com

Good Luck

I'm a Skyway guy.

1) I personally am using as much sick time as I can however I have so much built up that I wouldn't even be able to use it all up by shutdown.
2) I have not heard of anybody refusing to come to work but most people are using all of their sick time.
3) I know of some ways people are sticking it to Uncle Tim but I'm not going to post it on here.

Our MEC is doing a much as they can but it will be useless. There was just a small newspaper article the other day regarding our situtation but I saw nothing about it on TV.

I don't think many people are going to Skywest at all. Especially now that they are rumored to be stopping hiring til summer or fall. Most people are going to AirTran, Spirit, Compass, and Republic. Almost everybody has gone out of their way to help us all out and it is all appreciated. Thank you!

There isn't many skyway guys chiming in because were all too busy trying to find jobs. The word is that Reeve told the union that because we have enjoyed 10 years with a contract, while the other skyway employees haven't, we shouldn't get the severance package. I'm thinking that they would rather be without pilots by the time April 5th comes along. Maybe some lawyer type on here can enlighten me, but I'm wondering, in the Essential Air Service contracts is there a loophole that if there are no pilots to fly the planes is the company still fined for not running the Beeches up to those cities? Just a thought. Another thought is that there are 380 people being canned and when the first news came out over 200 of them were pilots, so they figure why not screw over the larger group and pay less, since were already slipping them a dry one.

Everyone is giving 2 weeks notice still to get their vacation paid out...other than that I think everyone is using up their sick time and not really caring too much about the operation (besides safety-wise and getting to the overnights on time!)

Latest resources

Back