• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyway / ACA's old 328Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It has been a very interesting time over the past few weeks or so at Skyway. Delta's BK can only be a good thing for Skyway as the chances that more 328s show up increases. It is also interesting to see how the Beech's routes have been shrinking. Lansing was no surprise as the loads were low however La Crosse is a shock to most people. The pilots Ive talked to as well as myself had great loads to LSE all the time. I find it very hard to believe that they were not making money on this route. Looks to me like they are very, very slowly phasing the Beech out of Skyway. This is no secret. I have faith that management is doing their best to get us some jets.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!

I wonder what Greenpickle thinks on this topic?

SF,Tuna,PS,GP,Goulet and the gang in MKE, I pray that TH and his buddies open up the pursestrings and get the pilots more planes. You long suffering few deserve it.

I appaluad all who stayed, and pray for the my friends the rest can suck it though:eek:

Jobear
"she's a young 65 though!"

Wow

GOULET! said:
It has been a very interesting time over the past few weeks or so at Skyway. Delta's BK can only be a good thing for Skyway as the chances that more 328s show up increases. It is also interesting to see how the Beech's routes have been shrinking. Lansing was no surprise as the loads were low however La Crosse is a shock to most people. The pilots Ive talked to as well as myself had great loads to LSE all the time. I find it very hard to believe that they were not making money on this route. Looks to me like they are very, very slowly phasing the Beech out of Skyway. This is no secret. I have faith that management is doing their best to get us some jets.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!

I wonder what Greenpickle thinks on this topic?

Well, since you asked....

1) I am going to miss the customer service we got from LAN. I will miss the blank stares of confusion when I try to explain that we really need a GPU and I that I can not accept "I dont know what the other guys did with it" as a valid excuse for why we can't hve ground power.

2) I personally believe that Prop sync and shadowflight are, as usual, correct in their accounts and predictions.

3) I am a little worried about getting JA'd into the jet. Hopefully we can keep one or two 1900's so that I can stay.

4) I am completely confused on why we pulled out of LSE. The loads were good. Maybe our ticket prices out of there (to compete with you know who) didnt allow us to make any money. Maybe they are going to increase freq somewhere ticket prices are higher. This speculation is worth nothing. I am just blowing this out of my purge tank. My other conspiracy theory is that the engine light in the red hotel car finally meant business and died and therefore we had no way to overnight crews anymore so we had to pull out. My personal favorite is that management pulled us out of there before one of our pilots went postal on the TSA lady for the full body cavity searches we got every time we went to the aircraft even though we just picked the plane up from the hanger.

Whatever the case may be my head is already aching from the onslaught of rumors that the Delta BK will inevitably bring. I long for the days when the word "Delta" came up in conversation with my buddies it was in regards to some soriety girl that was wasted off her @ss and dancing on the pool table like she was in a girls gone wild video.

God I feel old.

What was the question?

GP

Last edited:
LSE pullout

I think the majority of our loads were soilders from the base. I'm also pretty sure that they were not paying a full ticket price either. Hence their bags were always bumped when we were overweight, which was almost every Friday. Sad to see the place go. I loved getting lost on the way back to the hotel from the booby bar. Especially on that stand up we used to do, that sucked. Good times, Going to miss Brenda especially.

New theory

248to2.8 said:
I think the majority of our loads were soilders from the base. I'm also pretty sure that they were not paying a full ticket price either. Hence their bags were always bumped when we were overweight, which was almost every Friday. Sad to see the place go. I loved getting lost on the way back to the hotel from the booby bar. Especially on that stand up we used to do, that sucked. Good times, Going to miss Brenda especially.

Great 248! Now I know why we are leaving. The car was to be used ONLY for:

1. Shuttling back and forth from the airport to the hotel,

2. Whipping sh:tties in the Wal Mart parking lot.

3. "Time to Climb" races up the mountian.

4. Whatever Brenda needed to do

5. Whatever Brenda's friends needed to do

6. Hauling hay :)

7. Pickin up chicks

8. Snipe hunting

9. Avoiding FO

There was never any tolerance for taking it to the Booby bar. I bet they found out and kicked us out. Nice job 248.

GP

greenpickle said:
There was never any tolerance for taking it to the Booby bar. I bet they found out and kicked us out. Nice job 248.

GP

It was either that or the airport manager is finally following up on his threats of removing my driving privileges for squealing the tires in the parking lot and almost running through a stop sign that was hidden. If it was my fault, my apologies to all. But that titty bar in IMT sure is great. Oh wait, not supposed to go there either.

So, just out of curiosity - why does everyone hate the Do328?

They don't. The Dork jet is awesome. It's slow, great for building PIC jet time, it only requires 1 bitch in back, it is an all around great plane. When it first came out it had a lot of mx problems just like any new plane does. The mechs here at Skyway became very good at fixing it and once all the little ideosyncrasies were figured out, it worked great, here anyways. Not so great at ACA from what I hear. Personally I really like it.

Tram said:
So, just out of curiosity - why does everyone hate the Do328?

Because we lowered the bar for 32 seat jet payrates. Everyone else is suffering because of us.

Latest resources

Back