• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW MRJ Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Legislation to staff the regionals? I now question your companies random drug screening policy. Maybe they should do like the Army and test all of you. Bigger planes instead of the smaller ones into airports. JFK should not have 50-70 (76) seaters taking up slots (for example). If cities and airlines want planes staffed to go into their cities, then the major airlines can hire us all to fly those bigger planes.

Legislation to staff the regionals? I now question your companies random drug screening policy. Maybe they should do like the Army and test all of you. Bigger planes instead of the smaller ones into airports. JFK should not have 50-70 (76) seaters taking up slots (for example). If cities and airlines want planes staffed to go into their cities, then the major airlines can hire us all to fly those bigger planes.

Sounds like you are the one who needs a drug test. Keep dreaming.

really Ops Check Good? So you really think that congress will legislate to cancel all contracts that have scope? You keep smoking what you are smoking if it makes you happy.

That's like saying, hotel shuttle vans take up too many slots at the pick-up curb. If hotels REALLY wanted to provide transportation, they would buy and staff Greyhound-sized buses. Never mind the fact that they only need to pick up five crewmembers at a time.

Of course, they could just reduce frequency accordingly - just to make sure drivers only operate equipment they think worthy of their efforts. "Sorry, sir, the next shuttle will be there tomorrow about your show time. We apologize for this inconvenience."

Some of you are missing the Point! The legislation changes will have nothing to do with a Mainline carrier's scope and will have everything to do with the 1500hr rule and crew rest rules. If you don't think that airline management has not already assembled a list of influential lawmakers hometowns and which ones could be cut, you really don't understand politics. Our management here at XJT has been very vocal about the political pressure being applied for some relief to the 1500 hr rule. They just aren't describing the steps. Delta is using the CRJ-200 as a pawn for this. First, they slash the stage length of that airframe. Then after 6 months, they start whining how the fuel burn per pax mile sucks and the aircraft need to go away. The CRJ is still way better than a DC-9. Fact is, you put a 787 on the CRJ routes and its going to suck balls on fuel burn too. If fuel burn was really the issue, we would have been buying turboprops for a long time. People are giving up their big SUV's. They will get over not being in a jet.

I hate what this industry has become. I also wish, I would have stayed in my cubicle and not switched careers. It is ugly and I don't see a solution. The best case I could hope for is that all carriers do their own flying. No sub-contractors. New-hires start on a turboprop and retire 30 years later as a 747 capt. But, I see no way of that ever happening unless more legacies start purchasing up their regional feed. Without any legislative relief the threat of transferring flying from one regional to another simple holds no merit.

Chip also said our customers want crj7/9s, no one told them that.

Chip also said our customers want crj7/9s, no one told them that.
Chimp needs a mirror, 2 video cameras and 3 F/A spotters to find his azz.

That's like saying, hotel shuttle vans take up too many slots at the pick-up curb. If hotels REALLY wanted to provide transportation, they would buy and staff Greyhound-sized buses. Never mind the fact that they only need to pick up five crewmembers at a time.
Ever taken the hotel shuttle at YUL or YYZ for EV? Seems like the Canuks are way ahead of their time! :D

Latest resources

Back