• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW MRJ Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's the Since they use Airline Apps to hire pilots, they can also see who has an app on file FROM ExpressJet to look for employment elsewhere. The latest figure from HR is that 70% of our pilots are active on Airline Apps.

If that is true then Airline Apps is violating their privacy statement. They are not supposed to provide information to parties other than your targeted airlines. Since I haven't targeted my current employer they had better not be getting info about my job search via Airline Apps.

If that is true then Airline Apps is violating their privacy statement. They are not supposed to provide information to parties other than your targeted airlines. Since I haven't targeted my current employer they had better not be getting info about my job search via Airline Apps.

They aren't providing personal information to parties other than your targeted airline, they are providing generic statistics. There is a huge difference. ASA will never get information on specifically who (by name) is leaving but general percentages are a different story.

Let's see how that works out for you over time, shall we? Here's the CONSERVATIVE truth to the CRJ at legacy ASA. 1600 Pilots, roughly 700 First Officers that WILL leave. 900 pilots left- every reserve Captain WILL leave because of they are sick of the abuse. (15% reserve buffer) So lets just say 800 pilots left. Of the 800 that remain, I'm going to guess 30% of the line holders will leave to go to a legacy carrier. Just 540 pilots left here, with that figure. Half will be displaced from left seat, back to right seat, and many of the senior line holders will be back on reserve (how ironic). That will force many more to leave, and the cycle will continue.

Of course, the quality of life will drastically recede before having to park any aircraft due to lack of flight crews. There will be a pilot shortage, but it won't be at the legacy carriers- just the regionals.

We can't find pilots- there are none coming up the pipe line. SkyWest Inc. may have airplanes on order, but with nobody to fly them, it's a moot point.

As for a legacy that takes care of it's pilots- talk to those that have made the leap from ASA/X-Jet to see what they say about the changes. I'm betting two things: the worst day seen at a major is 3 fold better than the best day seen under SkyWest, and that the sun has set for the brightest day of the RJ and it's contracts.

If you think this is over dramatic and completely untrue- I'd suggest you talk to the recruiters here. Since they use Airline Apps to hire pilots, they can also see who has an app on file FROM ExpressJet to look for employment elsewhere. The latest figure from HR is that 70% of our pilots are active on Airline Apps.

Exactly! Chip's exact quote from a recent newsletter regarding the MRJs . "If we have a partner who wants us to operate it, that delivery will go as planned."

Let's see how that works out for you over time, shall we? Here's the CONSERVATIVE truth to the CRJ at legacy ASA. 1600 Pilots, roughly 700 First Officers that WILL leave. 900 pilots left- every reserve Captain WILL leave because of they are sick of the abuse. (15% reserve buffer) So lets just say 800 pilots left. Of the 800 that remain, I'm going to guess 30% of the line holders will leave to go to a legacy carrier. Just 540 pilots left here, with that figure. Half will be displaced from left seat, back to right seat, and many of the senior line holders will be back on reserve (how ironic). That will force many more to leave, and the cycle will continue.

Of course, the quality of life will drastically recede before having to park any aircraft due to lack of flight crews. There will be a pilot shortage, but it won't be at the legacy carriers- just the regionals.

We can't find pilots- there are none coming up the pipe line. SkyWest Inc. may have airplanes on order, but with nobody to fly them, it's a moot point.

As for a legacy that takes care of it's pilots- talk to those that have made the leap from ASA/X-Jet to see what they say about the changes. I'm betting two things: the worst day seen at a major is 3 fold better than the best day seen under SkyWest, and that the sun has set for the brightest day of the RJ and it's contracts.

If you think this is over dramatic and completely untrue- I'd suggest you talk to the recruiters here. Since they use Airline Apps to hire pilots, they can also see who has an app on file FROM ExpressJet to look for employment elsewhere. The latest figure from HR is that 70% of our pilots are active on Airline Apps.

I have been saying stuff like this for a while too. The regional industry as we know it today(and for the past 15 years) will be gone in 7-10 years if not sooner.

700+ airplanes this year, but shrinks to 600 airplanes next year due to lack of crews, 500 the next, and so on. Will take a couple years, but will shrink drastically none the less.

You guys don't give polititians enough credit. If cockpits are not being crewed, and flights to their district are being cancelled, they will call it a national emergency, or something like that and issue waivers.

Anybody who thinks the regionals are dead, does not study history.

SSDD

Can you provide examples? The 19 seat market has public representation, yet many of those towns are minus service or at greatly reduced frequency from the heyday of their day.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back