Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ski Bum

Just sent out via the company email...

"Due to a processing delay and Monday banking holiday, there is a possibility your January 22nd direct depost paycheck may be delayed until Wednesday, January 23rd. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please contact...."

I have a question - Did MLK JR Day sneak up on you this year?

Yet another example of how SKYW can violate their own policies (getting paid on the 7th / 22nd) and we have no recourse without representation.

Just sent out via the company email...

"Due to a processing delay and Monday banking holiday, there is a possibility your January 22nd direct depost paycheck may be delayed until Wednesday, January 23rd. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please contact...."

I have a question - Did MLK JR Day sneak up on you this year?

Yet another example of how SKYW can violate their own policies (getting paid on the 7th / 22nd) and we have no recourse without representation.

1-866-4-USA-DOL;)

looks like the SKYW 65% will have to wait another day for money to buy more kool-aid, hair gel, and new backpacks.

This happened last year at Chautauqua over the same holiday. There was nothing we could do either. I guess we could have wasted some of our time and filed a grievance, but no one did.

Damn it! Although I don't use hair gel, I need a new backpack! Now I'm gonna go get me a Kool-aid.......and tequilla ;)

...and the recourse at other airlines is......?

The recourse at other union airlines would be to file a grievance for violating the contract and not paying the pilots on time. Although many grievances are open to interpretation, paydays are not. A standard practice at my previous airline for grievances affecting the entire pilot group was awarding anywhere from 4-8 hours of flight pay as compensation (and these were successful more often than not).

Paydays have fallen on weekends and holidays before without incident. I would be unsuccesful in getting an advance on my paycheck, so why is it okay for them to pay late? I cannot pay my mortgage a day late without a penalty. I cannot pay my bills late without fees. Yet SKYW sends out an email and delays the entire payroll by a day. On a side note - Who is keeping the interest from over 10,000 employees payroll?

Latest resources

Back