• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW Conference Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They cooked the books. I'm shocked they didn't post a loss just to flip the ASA pilots off since we've been touting Skywest Inc's record profits. Now they can hammer us in negotiations and say "see, we TOLD you our quarterly profit was meaningless". Then we'll be asked to subsidize their asinine decision to transfer aircraft back and forth, and the DEN blizzard shutdown.

Cooked the books? How?

Cooked the books? How?

Glad you asked.

They did a sham aircraft transfer between ASA and Skywest, resulting in a seniority flush at ASA. This caused training and maintenance costs to spike, which contributed to the parent company's losses. Then they wrote off the losses from the cancelled flights in the DEN blizzards.

The problem is that all of these were "paper losses". No money actually changed hands.

They cooked the books by creating losses on paper to minimize the impact of their profits on ASA negotiations.

Glad you asked.

They did a sham aircraft transfer between ASA and Skywest, resulting in a seniority flush at ASA. This caused training and maintenance costs to spike, which contributed to the parent company's losses. Then they wrote off the losses from the cancelled flights in the DEN blizzards.

The problem is that all of these were "paper losses". No money actually changed hands.

They cooked the books by creating losses on paper to minimize the impact of their profits on ASA negotiations.

HAHAHAHAHA ever heard of the word "smug"? Some people thing the world revolves around them... sheesh!

As a member of the Flat Earth Society, I reject your notion that the Earth revolves.

Glad you asked.

So let me get this straight. Last summer they announce the transfer of aircraft, knowing full well that in December 2006 there would be a storm that shuts down Denver for two days. Wow that's impressive management. Oh ya, and the additional dollars spent on maintenance and training were paid for with monopoly money that didn't actually cost anything.

So let me get this straight. Last summer they announce the transfer of aircraft, knowing full well that in December 2006 there would be a storm that shuts down Denver for two days. Wow that's impressive management. Oh ya, and the additional dollars spent on maintenance and training were paid for with monopoly money that didn't actually cost anything.

Just more proof uncle Jerry is a pure business Genius (or john pennekamp is an idiot)!!!

Last edited:
Ding,ding,ding, hellonewwoman, you are now offically cutrate!
PBR
P.S. anyone know who hellonewwoman is, PM me and I will appreciate it!

Don't worry you don't have to go to all that trouble. You will also be invited to the goodbye ALPA BBQ, and can meet me in person there. Unlike the ALPA people I don't just like people who think like me, I like everyone. Cya at the BBQ in ORD when the union drive goes down in flames. The only prerequisite is that you get yourself to ORD if not based there. Cya around.

Latest resources

Back