• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW 4th Qtr 2013 Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The difference between Skyw and xjt is the middle management and the culture. Until sgu cleans out the GO we will not pull it together. Why they haven't yet is beyond me. The OCC is a catastrophe, middle management is incompetent and the GO believes the only reason we survive is because their brilliance is greater the the incompetence and maliciousness of the front line employees. Until SGU really sees what is happening at xjt nothing will change.

Good routes? Like ATL/ASE? SFO/MMH? LAX/JAC? SFO/SUN? DEN/YMM? LAX/YLW? ORD/CMX? SFO/ACV? SLC/COD? Daily flow program in SFO? Mmmkay

Just when I thought this guy's input couldn't get anymore worthless...

Bad Mangament, yea not really. XJT was crumbling when they bought it, since then manament hasnt been able to turn it around and now they have cut the operation down. I fully expected this anyways and was quite surprised when they didn't downsize it intially.

Financially yes, thanks to Skywest. But operationally, we were doing good. It wasn't until Skywest bought XJT that the operation degraded to what it is now, a joke.

The CPA that Skywest negotiated when they bought XJT had language that said that once the leases expire on the 145s, they get parked. Of course the other part of the plan was to replace 90 of them with dual class aircraft by whipsawing us with Skywest pilots. We refused to play that game, Skywest approved pittance and so now it's wind down time. Thank you for all you do.

Last edited:
There's no sense arguing with someone who will call 27 flights a day into/out of ASE a walk in the park. You win.

A majority of ASE flights are operated by a large 91K operation and other 91/135 operations that do this as successfully as your airline. Don't break your arm j****king yourself off.

XPOO- What is your beef with ASA and ExpressJet? I mean, why is it that you appear so joyous about their downsizing? I can appreciate company pride at SkyWest, but I do not understand the apparent hatred of the two other sister companies. Is it because they are union, and you are not? Just curious if it is their unionization or the corporate entities, or maybe even the people you hate most...............

XPOO- What is your beef with ASA and ExpressJet? I mean, why is it that you appear so joyous about their downsizing? I can appreciate company pride at SkyWest, but I do not understand the apparent hatred of the two other sister companies. Is it because they are union, and you are not? Just curious if it is their unionization or the corporate entities, or maybe even the people you hate most...............

Absolutely no hatred. I may be anti-union, but that doesn't mean I can't voice an opinion. I've never said a bad word about any pilot group. I'm positive all pilot groups, regardless of airline or union, are all working their tails off. And if you really feel like going back, you'll see in previous posts that I supported the XJT pilots voting down the most recent TA before it was even voted on. We may not work for the same airline, but we do work for the same holding company. Our decisions affect you the same way your decisions affect us. In the end, I respect your collective decisions.

But to tell me that ExpressJet's operation is monumentally tougher than SkyWest's is laughable. I would gladly debate the facts, but I can't say anything other than public record on a public internet forum. I abide by my company's internet policy, is that wrong of me? There are people, like Nevets, who just want to argue for the sake of arguing. They tend to get me a little more riled up than normal. I apologize.

Aside from that, everything I've been trying to tell everyone for three years now is finally coming to fruition and its being perceived as hatred. It's not hatred, its just brutal honesty. I take no joy in seeing people lose compensation or lose jobs.

Aside from that, everything I've been trying to tell everyone for three years now is finally coming to fruition and its being perceived as hatred. It's not hatred, its just brutal honesty. I take no joy in seeing people lose compensation or lose jobs.

Over the years I have enjoyed some of your insight from the Skywest side of the company.

But MANY MANY times I wondered what is this guys beef with ExpressJet? I just thought you were being a dick.

You obviously don't realize it, but your "helpful brutal honesty" comes across much like General Lee's helpful advise. Much of it is true, but there seems to be a little to much glee in the sharing of "brutal honesty" concerning the demise of two proud companies.

Skywest certainly holds all the cards and is obviously not spending any more money on this failed business model.

Posting how much money the XJT side lost, and how WE are dragging down the mighty SKYWEST portfolio 3 minutes after an earnings call is concluded is not really considered helpful. It comes across very different. Rustgol is in the same category.

Just my observation.

Financially yes, thanks to Skywest. But operationally, we were doing good. It wasn't until Skywest bought XJT that the operation degraded to what it is now, a joke.

It continues to amaze me that you and so many others believe this. I see this attitude over and over again. You weren't doing well, you were on your way out. SkyWest never should have bought you. It was a mistake on their part, even if they haven't managed you well since. Your glory days were well earned and valid, back in the day. But if SkyWest hadn't bought you, you would have withered on the vine and become dramatically smaller at best, or out of business at worst. SkyWest buying you has apparently just delayed one of these two inevitabilities from occurring. Sounds like it's up to y'all which it'll be. But please ditch the fantasy that you were doing so well and that's why you got bought. It just ain't so.

It continues to amaze me that you and so many others believe this. I see this attitude over and over again. You weren't doing well, you were on your way out. SkyWest never should have bought you. It was a mistake on their part, even if they haven't managed you well since. Your glory days were well earned and valid, back in the day. But if SkyWest hadn't bought you, you would have withered on the vine and become dramatically smaller at best, or out of business at worst. SkyWest buying you has apparently just delayed one of these two inevitabilities from occurring. Sounds like it's up to y'all which it'll be. But please ditch the fantasy that you were doing so well and that's why you got bought. It just ain't so.

Well actually it's up to inc and XJT mgt what happens next. Present us another concessionary garbage TA or present us with a TA that properly values our contribution to this airline. It's their decision. All we do is fly the airplane from point a to point b.

Latest resources

Back