• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW 4th Qtr 2013 Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The general msg is get ready for some shrinkage. The contracts L-XJTs former mgmnt group signed with labor and UAL were both at a loss. Thus now SKW, Inc must go back to UAL to renegotiate and probably park a/c. Also, the labor contract was made w/ bright roses colored glasses and must be revamped.

We CAN have a fair contract that doesn't give away the farm but also keeps the company competitive.

Actually, the current XJT CPA (and the previous one also), were negotiated by Skywest.

About a year and a half ago during the earnings call..

I heard Brad Rich couple of quarters ago reiterate the opposite.

So go manage an airline than. Funny, it looks like SGU can manage SkyWest Airlines just fine. After all thats how they got the coin to buy two failing airlines!

Yes, they manage Skywest just fine, yet they are a disaster managing IROPs at XJT. Where is the disconnect?

Still think it's going to pass easily?

Last edited:
Look at the routes Skywest flies. Mostly good weather stuff. Of course they can manage that. Stick most of their flying on the East coast and expect a different result!

Actually, the current XJT CPA (and the previous one also), were negotiated by Skywest.

I heard Brad Rich couple of quarters ago reiterate the opposite.

Yes, they manage Skywest just fine, yet they are a disaster managing IROPs at XJT. Where is the disconnect?

Still think it's going to pass easily?
He said it was a good move and glad they did it? Then why on earth is Xjet downsizing?

Look at the routes Skywest flies. Mostly good weather stuff. Of course they can manage that. Stick most of their flying on the East coast and expect a different result!

Good routes? Like ATL/ASE? SFO/MMH? LAX/JAC? SFO/SUN? DEN/YMM? LAX/YLW? ORD/CMX? SFO/ACV? SLC/COD? Daily flow program in SFO? Mmmkay

Good routes? Like ATL/ASE? SFO/MMH? LAX/JAC? SFO/SUN? DEN/YMM? LAX/YLW? ORD/CMX? SFO/ACV? SLC/COD? Daily flow program in SFO? Mmmkay

Sorry but all those run better than the most on the east coast. It's a fact you guys have much fewer wx cncls that XJT.

Sorry but all those run better than the most on the east coast.

There's no sense arguing with someone who will call 27 flights a day into/out of ASE a walk in the park. You win.

He said it was a good move and glad they did it? Then why on earth is Xjet downsizing?

Did you not read the rest of my post? Bad management is the reason. And that's not really what he said anyway. But you know better than us. You said it would pass easily, right?

Last edited:
There's no sense arguing with someone who will call 27 flights a day into/out of ASE a walk in the park. You win.

I hate to tell you but aside from Aspen if the weather is bad you have nothing else. Flow into SFO? come on you can do better than that

You sir have obviously not had much experience with all the delays on the east coast during the winter. Still no excuse for the way SkyWest Inc is handling these IROPS this winter.

Did you not read the rest of my post? Bad management is the reason. And that's not really what he said anyway. But you know better than us. You said it would pass easily, right?

Bad Mangament, yea not really. XJT was crumbling when they bought it, since then manament hasnt been able to turn it around and now they have cut the operation down. I fully expected this anyways and was quite surprised when they didn't downsize it intially.

Latest resources

Back