• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW 4th Qtr 2013 Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All we do is fly the airplane from point a to point b.

Yep...FUPM! Or at the very least don't make the work rules worst than they already are. The problem is the G/O (schdg mostly) and too much incompetent management. I mean c'mon, WTF does SH, some of these "test pilots", VPs, Directors and others do that are pulling down north of $100K when they could be flying the line. That's just scratching the surface.

But to tell me that ExpressJet's operation is monumentally tougher than SkyWest's is laughable. I would gladly debate the facts, but I can't say anything other than public record on a public internet forum. I abide by my company's internet policy, is that wrong of me? There are people, like Nevets, who just want to argue for the sake of arguing. They tend to get me a little more riled up than normal. I apologize.

What? I just like harassing Skywest dispatchers!

Anyway, XJT's operation is way more than Inc could handle evidenced by the performance and financial metrics.;)

It continues to amaze me that you and so many others believe this. I see this attitude over and over again. You weren't doing well, you were on your way out. SkyWest never should have bought you. It was a mistake on their part, even if they haven't managed you well since. Your glory days were well earned and valid, back in the day. But if SkyWest hadn't bought you, you would have withered on the vine and become dramatically smaller at best, or out of business at worst. SkyWest buying you has apparently just delayed one of these two inevitabilities from occurring. Sounds like it's up to y'all which it'll be. But please ditch the fantasy that you were doing so well and that's why you got bought. It just ain't so.

What are you talking about? I said this place was a financial mess before Skywest finally bought XJT. But it was because of the low ball CPA Skywest offered cal when taking into consideration 16% concessions in order to bring us down to the average Skywest compensation and 750 furloughs.

Operationally, XJT was consistently at the top of all metrics for years.

If Skywest wouldn't have bought us, it would have been someone else. There was value in us when Skywest bought us, that is before someone bought us or bought us out of bankruptcy. Poor Skywest management has just managed to devalue that transaction though.

Last edited:
Bad Mangament, yea not really. XJT was crumbling when they bought it, since then manament hasnt been able to turn it around and now they have cut the operation down. I fully expected this anyways and was quite surprised when they didn't downsize it intially.

You have no idea about the daily incompetence at this airline. Crews lost, airplanes grounded, IROP disasters compounded by scheduling, etc., etc.

You want to blame it on pilots? Keep living in that small mind of yours.

Last edited:
You have no idea about the daily incompetence at this airline. Crews lost, airplanes grounded, IROP disasters compounded by scheduling, etc., etc.

I don't see where he placed blame on the pilots..

Speaking of a small minds, where in my statement was I blaming pilots? My statement is more broader than just pinning problems to a single group, but if you want to bring the pilots up specifically ok. When people like unlce bunkle post videos filled with such vile hatered toward another group and then more XJT people come applauding the video it shows the cultural problem you guys have over there. I feel for ASA having to be lumped into the POS XJT ops.

Speaking of a small minds, where in my statement was I blaming pilots? My statement is more broader than just pinning problems to a single group, but if you want to bring the pilots up specifically ok. When people like unlce bunkle post videos filled with such vile hatered toward another group and then more XJT people come applauding the video it shows the cultural problem you guys have over there. I feel for ASA having to be lumped into the POS XJT ops.
Spot on!!

Uh, it's the ASA ops people who now run XJT ops.

For your management, yes, it's about the pilots. Even ol' Chimp (is that his name?) came over and had a stern warning for the newhires and some RGT attendees that it was the pilots who should take it in the shorts to make XJT profitable.

Thing is, even if the pilots worked for free, we still wouldn't get out of the hole we're in. I can only imagine the anti-ALPA rhetoric SKYW is feeding you guys over there.

Remember, our dear leader was sent from SGU to slash costs and in the process has crippled the general offices' ability to control the operation. He's the hatchet man, and he has succeeded.

Could be worse... you could have been a Mesaba pilot...

Aren't there still some Mesaba pilots flowing up to Delta? I think a group of 8 just went, and a total of 70 or more are still flowing up soon?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back