• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW 3rd Qtr. Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't realize we were flying the 90 for 50-seat rates. They're tied to the 50 but not the same; sorta like the same methodological override everybody else gets--a fixed percentage or rate above the 50 at the same year and seat (it doesn't matter if scales are listed separately).

Isn't that line of address a little old? Probably still say 'neato', 'word' and 'sit on it' and carry a comb in your back pocket as a way to continue keeping in touch with the past. How's that working? Your powers of social persuasion are honed...

Last edited:
$118M in profit YTD, with almost 43M of that from the past quarter alone!

The rich get richer and the Brasilia pilots still get nothing. But as long as the majority is just happy enough to vote "NO," Jerry and friends are happy. "To hell with those dang Bro pilots!" :rolleyes:

PDX/SEA Brasilia base is one United could do without, but rather than displace the pilots and maintenance SkyWest decides to run those routes at-risk. I believe about 25% of the United Brasilia flying is at-risk and 100% of the Delta Brasilia flying is at-risk.

I didn't realize we were flying the 90 for 50-seat rates. They're tied to the 50 but not the same; sorta like the same methodological override everybody else gets--a fixed percentage or rate above the 50 at the same year and seat (it doesn't matter if scales are listed separately).

Isn't that line of address a little old? Probably still say 'neato', 'word' and 'sit on it' and carry a comb in your back pocket as a way to continue keeping in touch with the past. How's that working? Your powers of social persuasion are honed...

It's not the same. When an ASA 70 seat pilot goes on vacation he gets paid the 70 seat rate, when he dead-heads he is paid his 70 seat rate, when he's in training it's the 70 seat rate.

When Skywest pilots are actually operating the -900 they are paid the override, otherwise they are paid the 50 seat rate. It's not the worst in the industry, but it's not good.

Do you guys have COLA raises?

Wow,
It didn't take a skywest pilot to start bitc*ing about pay and they had mgmt by the balls by voting in Alpa.
We told you guys those pee stains in mgmt would screw you over. It's only begun now. Stand by to bend over with no Jelly.
Sucks to be you.

True that we don't get 70-rates on deadheading or during vacation. If vacation value is too litte, we can always just 'stamp' on extra credit though. Actually, and this is a personal choice, I minimize my time credited towards vacation so I can max out banked USR and VAC time; never sold any or 'tacked' on any yet, but it's a way to drive up current income with deferred income. In the above sense, you are correct our rates are the same; but the income I receive from those pales in comparison to regular wages, to which at my year group equate to $70.70 (50) & $73.57 (70/90)--tied together but not the same.

It's not the best I concede, but it's not bad either--we're looking at small percentage points on an annual basis. The flexibility in bidding/dropping/adding between airframes is nice too; are you paid at the 70-rate when you bid the 50 or drop/add to better your schedule? Dunno, hopefully BS & Co will address this kinda stuff soon...

As for COLA, you know the answer to that--right now, just 1% Jan01 last year (CRJ) plus 3% on your DOH (All).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back