• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus (???)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't believe they are interviewing FOs who have at least 1000 turbine PIC. Evidently there are lots of regional captians who want to fly something bigger and will accept less to do it. I made more as a Jungle Jet CA at one of the crappiest regionals than a 319 CA will make there. There are people interviewing for the FO slot at less than half their current pay, hoping to upgrade ASAP to less than they were making before. I guess if everything worked just right and the airline did great and the salaries went way up and the pilots there now get the best schedules, it could end up worth it, but that is a lot of ifs. Almost no airlines out there increase their pay without a union or unless they aren't getting any more willing workers. They have no reason to ever give their pilots anything if they can keep them coming in for nothing.

Indy Air used inefficient CRJs for MONTHS before the Buses came online. The Buses were months behind schedule - a leading factor to their quick demise.

AZT

Well, sounds like they are pretty well funded initially, but I still question how many people will want to go to Columbus, OH for a "fun weekend getaway?" The website said they would have nonstop flights from CMH. I know there is a great university there (OSU), and that could create some traffic, but other than that, CMH is a dud. America West tried a hub there and left with their tail between their legs. But, many will try to create new low fare airlines, and it will put pressure, for at least a while, on the other airlines. Maybe that is why DL and other legacies are looking for more INTL routes---places Skybus and other new LCCs won't go.

Bye Bye--General Lee

For the 4th time, AWA did not have a true hub at CMH. I dont agree with the pilot pay at all and I am a relatively new guy. They do, however, have a lot more funding and planning than previous startups.

For the 4th time, AWA did not have a true hub at CMH. I dont agree with the pilot pay at all and I am a relatively new guy. They do, however, have a lot more funding and planning than previous startups.

AWA advertised a hub in CMH for a time. There seemed to be alot of AWA planes connecting through CMH for a time. Looked like a hub.

I used to work at AWA when Columbus opened. Even management called it a hub.

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and sounds like a duck.....

You can call it what you want, but I know for a fact that the company called it a hub.

E

I think there needs to be a new category started and this topic moved. Skybus is not a major airline. I believe the new category shall be "Crappy new startups where pilots sell their soul to work at".

I used to work at AWA when Columbus opened. Even management called it a hub.

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and sounds like a duck.....

You can call it what you want, but I know for a fact that the company called it a hub.

E

And regional airline management calls 21K pay livable.

There were two routes on mainline aircraft to LAS and PHX. The connectors were to the NE on express planes. I am not arguing what a hub is or not, but generally it used to be said that there needs to be originators in the 20-25+ range to form a true hub. It is a liquid term, however, as PIT is still above that, but considered simply a "focus" city. Management writes the dictionary...remember?

Latest resources

Back