• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never having really to apply to many jobs online, does anyone know where I can find the actual address for Skybus? For that matter the Cheif Pilots name as well to address my cover letter thanks in advance.

This is the HR person:
April Shereda
Manager of People
Skybus Airlines
4181 Arlingate Plaza
Columbus, OH 43228
www.skybus.com
[email protected]

Spinproof, once again thanks for your help. Have you applied with them or had an interview? Im just curious as to how many they are planing to hire from the start and what the experience was like. Thanks again.

Spinproof, once again thanks for your help. Have you applied with them or had an interview? Im just curious as to how many they are planing to hire from the start and what the experience was like. Thanks again.

No, actually all my info is secondhand...can't help with anything else!!!!!

Lowering the Bar

Please, think for just a brief minute; if anyone suffers a serious injury, or worse yet dies, while you are acting as Capt. on that 150 seat a/c, "it is your responsibility." You are "Personally" taking the responsibility for 150+ individuals (including the crew) for a whopping $65,000/yr. If you make a 'error in judgement' (as we are all only human), and the result is the death of people (a passenger or more than one); You can not only be held 'personally liable' but also face (remote as would normally be, but possible) 'criminal charges,' its called "negligent homicide" or "criminal negligence." Willing to take all of that responsibility for what, $65,000/yr. SOUNDS STUPID TO ME.

Not to bring up a recent 'tragic accident' but just want to emphasize my point; in the Comair LEX crash of last year, if the Capt. happened to be the only survivor and happened to walk away with little injuries, and if there was enough local outrage, he could have faced '50 counts' of Negligent homicide.

Look, we are 'worth' what we are willing to offer up our 'skills' for, what we are willing to get paid for doing a job. If pilots are willing to 'do it on the cheap' then that is all some will offer to pay. Everyone likes to blame 'greedy management' for destroying 'our profession' but lets face it, "Pilots are their own worst enemy." And, I am tired of hearing, "well, I had to feed the family" or "I only did it for the experience." I have turned down jobs in the past (when I did not have the experience that I have today) and will in the future, simply because they did not offer to pay me what I thought I was worth. I believe its called 'integrity.'

So, Yes, if you are willing to go to work for a 'scumbag' outfit that is only willing to pay a Capt of a 150 seat airliner, $65,000/yr, you are "lowering the entire profession." IMHO, just 'stupid.'

Just my $0.02

DA

Hey guys lets look at some of our first year Capt pay at: NWA, American, Continental, US Airways, and UPS all have first year Captain Pay below $40 dollars an hour. They all union, but its OK because it is different, because no one will be a first year Capt,..etc..etc..etc. As far as I know and please correct me if I am wrong but you must first have an airline up and operating before you can unionize it? I don't think that you unionize then start a company, but I could be wrong. Relax things will all come in due time, hopefully they will become Teamsters with Local 1108 with the NetJet guys.

Hey guys lets look at some of our first year Capt pay at: NWA, American, Continental, US Airways, and UPS all have first year Captain Pay below $40 dollars an hour. They all union, but its OK because it is different, because no one will be a first year Capt,..etc..etc..etc. As far as I know and please correct me if I am wrong but you must first have an airline up and operating before you can unionize it? I don't think that you unionize then start a company, but I could be wrong. Relax things will all come in due time, hopefully they will become Teamsters with Local 1108 with the NetJet guys.

Ok, Your right!!

Hey by the way, what is 5th year capt. gonna be, maybe $90k?
Come-on dude you know as well as I do what's going on here!!!

By the way 1st year capt. on the airbus at Indy was something like $115k and all pilots had to go back to 1st year pay when awarded the position. That's almost twice as much as Skybust!!

But look where Indy Capt and FO pay is today$0. You need to wait and see what happens. This isn't like some companies that have started alter ego airlines to beat the union. Patience young Grasshopper.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back