• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus to start flying May 20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am against using the jumpseat as a tool to yield as a club on a particular pilot group who doesn't seem to be towing the line or upholding the profession, but, the jumpseat is negotiated. It would appear to me that if this sh#t bag outfit does get off the ground, that we inform our managements and jumpseat coordinators that we do not want a reciprical agreement with Skybus when they come knocking looking for one. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that would be a simple and effective solution. No agreement, no ride.

You people fuking crack me up..... I love how all of you are on the band wagon to shut this crap hole down that pays 65K a year for an airbus captain, but there are so many on this board that actually defend the whole jetblue pay scales. Pilots topped out over 300 dollars an hour and then the LCC's jumped right in and pay half that rate and its ok.... but then another sh!thole comes in and chops the pay in half yet again for an airbus captain and now you're yelling NO JUMPSEAT agreement...... freaking comical. How many of you blue koolaid drinkers would have taken the job flying that shiny airbus if you had to live in New York? Im willing to bet that only 10 to 20 percent would accept the jobs if they couldn't commute. Its alot cheaper to move to CMH then to live in New York..... nothings has changed here. Pilots have whored themselves out and scabbed and have made their excuses for what they are doing and why they are doing it. Nothing is going to change here except the pay scales. No Jumpseat agreements huh? Why don't all the airlines cutoff Jetblue and Spirit from jumpseating and then we'll see how long those airlines will last? Don't get me wrong.... I hope skydouc he fails miserably, but hear this loud and clear..... RyanAir has just landed in the United States. Skybus's CEO is probably sucking O'leary off on a regular basis and creaming his shorts to replicate his airline in the states.

Next thing on the radar is UAV's for freight.... then even this side of the field will go to the dogs. Ok....bring it.... ducking for cover....

Reading about the Ultra LCC's like Spirit...charging for everything on board the airplane, advertising on the seat backs,no cash just credit cards, $3 cokes...now jaming 150 people on a 319...whats next? standing in the isles with overhead hand rails, like on a city bus?
Geez, when are people going to just get sick of being packed in a can like cloths in a suitcase...Its just getting disturbing....where the walmart mentality is taking the average traveler...

Wait, wait, this looks familiar. In the words of the great Homer Simpson: "...People Express introduced a generation of hicks to plane travel"
I guess this takes Cattle Class to a new level. The new greyhound of the sky.

I'll bet these guys are going to attack RJ routes with a much lower CASM aircraft at the beginning. You can bet DL will lower fares to compete from CMH and CVG to anywhere they fly. I don't think they'll make the mistake of allowing a LCC to have free reign in their territory again.

I'll bet these guys are going to attack RJ routes with a much lower CASM aircraft at the beginning. You can bet DL will lower fares to compete from CMH and CVG to anywhere they fly. I don't think they'll make the mistake of allowing a LCC to have free reign in their territory again.

They are not going to be flying to many major airports. From what I have heard the business model is exactly like that of Ryan Air, and they have applied to all secondary airports. Apparently they tried to first go to Rickenbacker, but couldn't base there....so CMH was the second option.

Isn't a normal A319 around 120 seats? (guessing)

NWA's A319s are configured for 124 seats. I can't imagine cramming in an additional 26 seats. Flying on that thing has got to be a miserable experience.

"You work for who? Sky what? No jumpseat for you!"

And then there are the poor NetJets pilots that will have to travel to/from CMH either because they're based there or have to attend to training.

Sadly, we've had a few FO's leave here for there. I wonder if/when they'll come to rue that decision.

So what if Skybus paid Captains 140,000 to start with no stock options. Would anyone view them differently?

So what if Skybus paid Captains 140,000 to start with no stock options. Would anyone view them differently?

Yes we would. Base pay is base pay. If my CAL stock sucks well it was my own stupid fault for buying them. If they are given to me as above and beyond and they dont do well then that just sucks. If my company was going to pay me with stocks I would tell them to blow holes! Give me the 140k and wipe your @ss with those Skybus stock options! Thats just like telling me my company was only going to pay me what I deserve if they do really well if not I will work for free no thank you. I hope you SkyBus pilots are listening.

Yes we would. Base pay is base pay. If my CAL stock sucks well it was my own stupid fault for buying them. If they are given to me as above and beyond and they dont do well then that just sucks. If my company was going to pay me with stocks I would tell them to blow holes! Give me the 140k and wipe your @ss with those Skybus stock options! Thats just like telling me my company was only going to pay me what I deserve if they do really well if not I will work for free no thank you. I hope you SkyBus pilots are listening.

So what if the stock skyrockets? By the way...BUCKS WIN! ON TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! WE ARE BUCKEYES WE ARE KILLER NUTS!

Latest resources

Back