Skybus round II ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/travel/46137737.html?elr=KArksUUUU

According to this, they don't even have gate space in MSP.

Although it plans to offer nonstop flights from Minneapolis to Toledo and back starting Aug. 14, it has yet to reach an agreement with the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC) to do so. In fact, the airports commission has not heard from JetAmerica since the airline made an initial inquiry about ground service logistics in January.
"It's a little unusual," MAC spokesman Patrick Hogan said of JetAmerica's decision to announce flights from Minneapolis before leasing gates. "We're not even sure we'll have the gates available at that time."
Another concern: JetAmerica flights will be one-stop, without connections. Someone wanting to fly from Minneapolis to Newark on JetAmerica must catch an evening flight to Toledo and wait until the following morning to travel to Newark.

Another concern: JetAmerica flights will be one-stop, without connections. Someone wanting to fly from Minneapolis to Newark on JetAmerica must catch an evening flight to Toledo and wait until the following morning to travel to Newark.

That is how I like to travel. Everyone needs a nice long break so they can go pay for some dump in Toledo by the airport.

Weikle is just another opportunist looking to line his own pockets at the expense of others.

It's nothing new, just another in a long line of schemes to suck money from the government.

He'll chew up the subsidies, buy himself a new villa in the Alps, and then lay low until he can sucker another group of communities to pony up their free money from Uncle Sam that's burning a hole in their pockets...

I think They call that a Chalet..

Only in amercia........

Can a person start a business (Skybus in this case), aquire capital and backing, raise hopes of people needing work, drive said busniss into the groud crashing hopes and dreams of many and then start another company. Funny this company will use a 737 and not an A320. Gee, I wonder why the switch? At least it's not that Euro plastic crap plane and a Boeing built product that will not have an engine roll-back because of some FOD.
So how many people will jump on the JetAmercia kool-aid filled train (plane)? I am sure many will be out of work people and this would be better then no job at all. Not like when SKYBUSted started and I knew some to leave GOOD jobs for that fantasy pumped job.
I hope this company makes it for the sake of the communities, people hired and the pax. Certainly not for the board, investors, CEO and his friends.
Good luck to any pilot who lands a job there.

Well, it's good to see someone finally going after that lucrative MLB - TOL market.

what a question? can a person start a business? and then another... hey just ask jeff skilliing and bernie madoff... Hey, Gomer, they're using Miami air's planes. (no offense meant) tumbleweed airports love to throw money at a charlatan.

what a question? can a person start a business? and then another... hey just ask jeff skilliing and bernie madoff... Hey, Gomer, they're using Miami air's planes. (no offense meant) tumbleweed airports love to throw money at a charlatan.

Actually it was a statement if you look at my post. What's really sad is not only is this business going to start, but pilots will apply and accept employment then only to be furloughed and complain about the industry.
If Madoff were out on the street do you think anyone knowing his name would invest their coin with him knowing what they know about him. NO!! Yet, pilots will apply to a company even if they know the negative track record of its CEO or COO. Some people will never learn.

QOL,
still looked like a question. should have had Q mark at the end. LOL

free gov't money to a guy who at least proved he could launch one is the only reason he got the grants. no investor would throw money at a new airline. this is grant money at not capital. but you're right about the other stuff. Miami air will beneift and it will take a long time for weikle to get a new certificate... will newly minted CFIs apply for a job to fly boeings?...YES , YES and Yes

Latest resources

Back