• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

skybus has burned through 60 million so far

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i just said they ought to get out of gboro and put planes in several different class bs chargin higher fairs and scrap the wal mart model... that was my talking point.

But didn't Greensboro give Skybus 4 million dollars to set up the hub and base people here? (He asked, in a lame attempt to pull the thread back on topic)

If they were to pull it all down, do they face a monetary penalty?

greensboro said it will pay a subsidy of 2.15 per ticket.. and they said they'd make terminal improvements valued at 52 million.

with champion's demise and aloha's, it is clear that only a company big enough to amoritize its fixed and variable costs over more units has a chance to survive. that continental has not deferred any orders to my knowledge and airtran has, just to use an example would suggest this. obviously, SX has deferred orders, cutback service and sits waiting for the storm to clear. well oil dropped over 4 bucs a share yesterday... with a weak economy, there's no way we can fix a trade imbalance which has caused the weak dollar and the runup in commodities.

Last edited:
So, what happens to the rest of the start-up money? Weren't they seeded with $170mil?

Are the investors just taking it back or will they give some sort of severance to the employees?

So, what happens to the rest of the start-up money?...Are the investors just taking it back or will they give some sort of severance to the employees?

They had 160 million lined up, but were getting it in installments based on reaching performance targets over time.

Fuel obviously played a huge part, but the losses were so extreme I think the business model was seriously flawed as well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back