• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus CEO first one to bail out of sinking ship

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With oil at record levels shouldn't you all be worried about your individual careers rather than Skybus. Seriously, how much competition or threat is Skybus to you?

or Aww cmon guys stop pickin on me?!

You were the last guy on the Kickball team that got picked weren't chya?!

Man up - you gambled and LOST. It is just a matter of time before it is a done deal.

With oil at record levels shouldn't you all be worried about your individual careers rather than Skybus. Seriously, how much competition or threat is Skybus to you?
Your pay at Skybus is less than some make at regionals. People aren't worried about the competition, we're worried about management realizing there are people out there like yourself that are willing to work for nothing. They already realize pilots will bend over for them, but a lot still aren't willing to take the face shot.

What will the pilots that were saying "I need to take this job to put food on the table" (while other airlines were hiring) say when this airline folds. Seems like a bad choice, you took bad pay and eventually will not have a job again. Way to put food on the table..

stock

it is probably stock OPTIONS which are pretty much worthless if the stock price doesn't reach a certain amount

t is probably stock OPTIONS which are pretty much worthless if the stock price doesn't reach a certain amount

The stock options are especially worthless when the company isn't even a public company, and therefore has no stock available to buy or sell.

from what i've been told, there is no second year pay which is why they were looking at teamsters. the options are worthless unless it is taken public. you know they're looking at their options. what good pilot wouldn't have a good alternate and a second one. give them some credit and a break. they did get a type, though.

Wow. Why would anyone take a job there where the first officers max out at probationary pay at other airlines, and the captains max out at regional pay? I don't feel bad for them. Disgraceful. Whatever happened to having pride in what you do?

Latest resources

Back