• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sky West pilots response to mgt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ultimately it is because we are all idiots for choosing this life. We fell victim to what we remembered as children. The FBOs told us what we wanted to hear. Our silly instructors that put us under the hood were just as blinded as us. We chose a dying career thinking it won't happen to us. This forum space should be about educating the up and coming saps who are going to go into crazy debt to get to a job that won't pay the bills. We need to warn our fellow man. It is an understanding that we are being broken down like the railroad drivers of old. Once heros but now just monkeys pushing buttons. It is sad, but it is our world. The bigger problem needs to be fixed before the smaller one can even be remedied by ALPA.
Wow. Give this man a seat at the negotiating table. (Well, under SAPA I guess it'd be more like the "discussion" table.) I'm so glad to hear that you've discovered why the airlines are a miserable place to work. Well-done.

Defeatist attitudes like yours, attitudes of entitlement and a lack of respect for self and industry combined with difficult times and opportunistic management are the causes of our current predicament. If you are too short-sighted to understand that you really should leave this industry and go find something that pays better.

By the way, many of us came into this industry with our eyes wide open, knowing full-well that we would have to fight tooth and nail for every improvement and to keep from sliding backwards. Many of us also planned carefully financially and worked hard so as to avoid being in debt, so please, please, don't paint all pilots with the same broad, pathetic brush you deserve yourself. If you were too naive to know what you were getting into, you should be embarassed, but don't assume the rest of us share your ignorance.

Hey Skynation, you anti-union guys throw out the race to the bottom ,its the industry and other cliches as much as any union guy I've read. However ASA is showing record profits and these guys haven't seen a better cut of the action in 5 yrs! United is showing signs of health (just look at the stock options the fat cats gave theirselves) and we're supposed to assuage ourselves with "that's just the way it is"? An ad in many of the inflight airline magazines sums it up man.
You don't get what you deserve-YOU GET WHAT YOU NEGOTIATE! Quit thinking of regionals as a place to get pooped on while YOU build YOUR time. Trust me dude we've all paid our dues one way or another. Otherwise just go to the majors and be arrogant like a select few of those who have a sense of self entitlement that they're at the top of the heap and the peons will now support my "hard earned" lifestyle. Mgmt thinks like that dude- not the average employee. The regional airlines are currently fiscally healthy for the most part and CAN afford to pay us better. If and When that ever changes I'll be one of the first to ask my CEO what I can do to help.

By the way, many of us came into this industry with our eyes wide open, knowing full-well that we would have to fight tooth and nail for every improvement and to keep from sliding backwards.

then why did you come to SkyWest? if you're an ardent ALPA supporter, and knew we didn't have it?

let me guess. things used to be great here, but it's deteriorated. you used to trust management to do right by us, but now you don't. you want to bring ALPA on board, because you believe they will force managements hand into giving us what you think we deserve.

then why did you come to SkyWest? if you're an ardent ALPA supporter, and knew we didn't have it?

let me guess. things used to be great here, but it's deteriorated. you used to trust management to do right by us, but now you don't. you want to bring ALPA on board, because you believe they will force managements hand into giving us what you think we deserve.

you queers just like being bent over. The rest of the industry just needs get that through their heads.

That all their hard work is for nothing because a pilot group like skywest likes to be bent over. you are a discrace..

However ASA is showing record profits and these guys haven't seen a better cut of the action in 5 yrs!

EXACTLY!! and what 'power' does your precious ALPA have to do anything about it? 5 years is a long time to pay dues with no results. if you end up getting the same or less than what we have in the end, doesn't it seem silly to have paid all those dues and wasted all that time?

Quit thinking of regionals as a place to get pooped on while YOU build YOUR time.

I don't plan on ever leaving here, so I don't know where you get that idea.

The regional airlines are currently fiscally healthy for the most part and CAN afford to pay us better. If and When that ever changes I'll be one of the first to ask my CEO what I can do to help.

'reward me first, then ask me what I can do to help.' classic.

PBR,

hello Sunshine! you still work here? how can you stand it, man?! I thought you'd moved on since you hate this place sooooo badly. either that or imploded in on yourself in a fit of company hating, self-loathing, ultra negative rage.

so, here we go again.

Me-3rd year CA, some of the year will be 4th. pay rate is like 63 bucks/hr.

63/hr x 105/hrs per month avg. credit =6489
6489 x 12 months = 77868
plus per diem, which for me will be between 5-6K=$83368

plus all the other crap you mentioned
Well,
I am still here, I don't hate the company, my job or my life. What I do hate is you and your kind, you are full of $hit and are the reason that we are experiencing the losses to our QOL. I have watched my QOL erode over the last 6 years, mostly due to erosion of the work rules. You haven't seen this because you have only been here for 3 years, and spend most of your spare time jacking off to the thought of flying the "BIG" "MIGHTY"900. By the way Per-diem is not considered pay, check your taxes and/or tax expert.You don't pay taxes on away from base per-diem. 105 hrs of credit, on reserve? I stand by my original statement, you are full of $hit.
Happy day Looser
PBR

How is it that you are "in debt up to high heaven to get here", if you went the military route flying T-38's and F-16's?

P.S. When I went to college this was still a good career, so I don't think "we're all idiots for choosing this life"...!
That was on MS flt sim, he is really a San Juan alumn.
PBR

nope, not a SAPA rep, never even been to a meeting. Just a line pilot who is realistic about the world and who enjoys his (my) job. it's not that hard to credit 105/hrs. per month, either. I'd prefer to work less next year, and will with better seniority.
Spoken like a true greed head, "never been to a meeting", classic to self absorbed to even spend any time on his choice of "leadership". Again get up, walk into the bathroom, look into the mirror, there. There is the reason this industry is going into the $hittter. Your apathy is astounding, your selfishness is unremarkable, you are a joke.
Eat $hit, you looser, you will only drag down whatever pilot group you join later on. The best part is you are most likely 25-30 something ish, and will experience the ride into the toilet that this industry is experiencing, I just hope you knock up your F/A girlfriend a couple of times first, so that when you take that job at Lowes after your furlough, you will have living reminders of how you fukked your own industry up.
Carry on
PBR

Last edited:
It is funny how you young pilots turn to attacking you r fellow pilots when on the defense. You are the guys who are complaining. I am giving you the real reason you complain. I love my job, both the reserves and at SKYW. I did the civilian route first and college, hence the debt you dork. Learn the different routes you get a pilot slot. I love my job. If all you keep coming to some silly forum to let out your frustrations and how much you hate your life as regionals pilots, it is you who needs a new job. And because your mom gave you money to go get your ratings, most diligent pilots had to sign their life away and I feel for them. They don't get the compensation they need. But think, as long as websites like expedia and travelocity exist, people don't want to pay the real cost of a ticket. As long as people come come wearing sweats and a stained wife beater shirt for a four hour flight, you will not see what we all want to see. You didn't get furloughed at 9/11. Maybe because this company you hate had enough $$ in reserve to keep us on board. I am not a defeatist. I will do my part if I actually think it will help. But to waist my time and energies and frustrations and hope that a Union will make it all better is just foolish. I said it before and I will again I would again be an ALPA member and pay even 10% if I thought it would actually do more than fill the "Company" i.e. ALPA's pockets. I have no faith in them now. Their motives and fundamentals are good, but anything is in writing. The problem is bigger than us and management. If you really want to fix them problem you have to fix the cause not the effect. I do apologize for sounding like I think its the end, but remember, I am not the one who comes here to say my life sucks. I come to speak reason and have an educated conversation verses a pissing contest of words and babble.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back