• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sky Mates Pirep Wanted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're talking about working as a pilot in the U.S.

Will you have a green card and the right to work over here? If not, you're not going to get hired by any reputable company.

Smash312 said:
If that worries you right there then that's your point of view (and you're entitled to one). I've been a CFI-I for two years prior. Maybe I should have said that. But my point is that they do what they say, just go on their website and check it out.

I have a problem with people who are 'worried' about how fast people get their certificates. I mean, people are different. Some people train forever and are still crap pilots (have poor airmanship) and some are quick learners. If the FAA examiner doesn't have a problem, who the hell are you (or I for that matter) to have a problem. I'm sure if it were unsafe then the FAA examiner would just issue a pink slip.
unsafe, inadequate, undertrained are all words that come to mind when i hear of a weekend instructor program (and not just one rating, but two!!!) you cannot tell me that you are as up to snuff when you get your weekend instructor tickets are you are when you study for a month or longer and do it that way (this is no shot at you personally, i'm talking in general). as for you bringing up the DE card, i have heard very recently of a large pilot factory (which is all it was) that shut its doors b/c of an on-going investigation by the FAA. apparently, this place was in cahoots with one or more examiners that would pass anyone sent their way, regardless of performance. if you got your ratings this way and are successful, that's awesome. being a successful instructor is probably a very fulfilling job. but i would hestitate to use one of these guys who did this all in a weekend.

Smash312 said:
Just one word on this matter. Just go to ATP. www.allatps.com is their website. Believe me, good mx, they deliever what they promise. And you can get done in 3 mths what you want to get done. I'm not an employee and didn't do the course there myself (I kick myself now). I did my MEI and CFI there. Did it in a weekend. Had I have done the whole 9-yards there then I'd probably have an airline job just like 99.9% of their other guys. Just my 2 cents.

Personally, having gone to ATP for my MEI addon, they will get your your ticket nothing else. You really don't learn too much and I will guarentee you that you will not feel very confident as an instructor coming out of there.

If you want a flat price type of place, I went to American Flyers in Pompano Beach, FL. You spend a lot of time briefing, really learning things in a classroom setting, not shotgunning through your ratings. 30 days (9-5 virtually everyday if you want to get the most out of it) and you will get your CFI, CFII. On my interview for my first FI job, the Chief Instructor later complimented me on how well I taught. The price was reasonable too.

I don't know much about their other locations, but the people in Fort Lauderdale (KPMP) were top notch and I was taught by an 18 year flight instructor. They pay well at Flyers, so their instructors tend to stick around for a while.

GreatChecko

Draginass said:
You're talking about working as a pilot in the U.S.

Will you have a green card and the right to work over here? If not, you're not going to get hired by any reputable company.

Yep I'm getting married to a texan girl therefore i get permanent residency out of it.

Latest resources

Back