• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sky Bar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh well, it seems the therad is evolving on it's own...

let's see what happens.

I now have 32 hours after my first dual x/c yesterday, and it's actually 31.9, but I rounded up...

good? ;)

Archer

...daily lives...

Ok, this may be a little different since I am in a sand box...

Man, it's dark here at 0600, I remember when it was 100f and sun was way up. Finally cooling down to the high 90's.
Did you make the coffee? Good man. I just faxed the flight plan to Kuwait, The fax to Saudi did not go through again, I will try the commercial number. Do you want to take the Camry or Prado? The Prado has the CD player and we can listen to my new CD by the Dixie Chicks. Darn it, I thought you had the weapon, now we have to go by the Arms Room to get a 16. OK, Headquarters to get a "mother may I" pass to the airport. Another cup for the road. I thought New York had aggressive drivers. What do you mean we have 148? The A/C works better in 544, how much gas do we have, have our pax showed up yet? I'll preflight if you do the book. How many foot lockers? Those EOD guys have more crxp..OK, take out the last seat by the door, we can tie it down there. Brief them will you? No, 0800 is the TakeOff time, not the show time. Ok ya'll, we have cold water in the cooler, grab one on your way up. One at a time on the steps. Yes mam, I have been doing this for awhile. No Sir, there is no movie on this flight. Have a seat. OK, have you called for engine crank yet? OK. We are all set. I have done up to here on the check list, as soon as the tug is released I will be ready when you are. OK Battery on, First Engine Start, Battery Start Check List please. **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** it's hot in here already, thats why I bring a towel, you should have been here in July. 825 on number 2, must have been a low battery. Get that A/C on before we baste in here will you? AC off crank #1. Call ready to taxi. Kuwait Tower Pat 28 ready to Taxi. (yes we use tower for taxi) Want to go to Frostys for dinner? Before Take Off Check list. I'll be ready at the end if you are. Lots of 320's here. OK Seleg, FL240. Set power. The AC in this one sucks. Write it up OK? What do you think the diving would be like off of that Island there? I heard it is really shallow. At least we have a tail wind. I figure we can eat lunch in Saudi then you fly back. We should just have four comming back, 1 civilian and 3 Majors. This is the longest leg we have and it keeps getting longer. Was that for us? Yes, Bahrain next. Whats Oregon Like? I have never been there. Must be nice. What do you do in the world? I am a part time Guard guy also who got furloughed now doing this full time. No idea, maybe another year before I get recalled. IF I get recalled. I may say hell with it and hop a boat till I get a phone call. Beats flipping burgers or selling used cars though. What do you say we start our descent at 75? We will probably land staight in. ATIS out? Why am I not surprised. Look at all of that sand. It's a wonder the roads stay afloat on it. passing 15k altimeter to 1013, set, crosscheck. Descent arrival checklist please. Have you been watching CNN? Looks worse then it really is over here so far, hope it stays that way another six weeks. Did you see those Marines this morning running with the mask on? At least it made them quieter. HAHA.
If I can hold ref I should be able to make the second turn off. A long 2 mile taxi here...look at all those Classified OK, shutdown check list. Lunch time.

As you figured out, this flying is really no different then the Gulf of Mexico pilot, the West Tx Commuter guy or the Delta 777 driver. WE all have our same gripes and complaints. Hope it was somewhat entertaining.
j

Last edited:
Everyone needs to go to the big sandbox at least once. Isn't faxing the FP a pain in the neck-especially when Kuwait doesn't get it. I have sent some nice emails to my wife from ops. Nice post I was with you all the way.

Archer, you did good son. This has been the funniest thread in a while, makes my shi--y reserve day go by faster.

Whiskey and women , cards and dice , blue balls, crabs the clap and lice --by god I've had them all ----twice

Agreed with Fitzy. This is a great one. I avoided it after reading it when there were only 5 posts. But every day I looked at the number of posts and it kept going and going.

Archer, Bobbysam is right on, this industry, as far as the people you encounter really is not much different than any other. Only difference might be the overwhelming number of male pilots compared to female pilots. In general, that makes for much better jokes!!!

Chperplt, laughed pretty hard at that last one. Couldn't come up with that comment on my own, but it pretty much summed it up.

Really enjoyed Enigma's post as well.

Mr. I.

Turbo, et al; In your experience what is a good ballpark figure for the ratio of SLAM/CLICKERs to, well, "others"?

30 to 40%,the older they get the more they slam click, the younger FA's are great. But then maybe it is just me. What kind of luck do you other guys have?

Last edited:
Cardinal, If I had to profile a slam clicker, I'd say that one would be: thirty-something, decent looking, single, and white. That's as close as I could get to a description. The younger generation tends to be more outgoing, as do the fourty and older ones. I think that the older FA's, especially the career changers, are the best company. They are not particularly worried about having to keep apart. The slam clickers give the impression that they are afraid of being hit on. I guess they avoid the problem by staying to themselves.

regards.
8N

Archer,
You are doing well, we are up to 4 pages not bad. I think this thread has wandered around what would be a very typical crew "bar" conversation. Who is going to pay for the third round?

See I don't know what a typical conversation would be because I'm not a professional pilot and I havn't been around any lately...or ever for that reason.

That's why I started this place, to see what kinds of things pilots talked about in between their flying...

Obvioulsy I'm sure they talk about aviation, and that is wonderful because it's just normal. You talk af things you do as well as those you don't in life.

So I'm guessing they would talk about this one ATC approach controller that sounded very pissed off...

or perhaps this cute flight attendant that smiled at them and is being forward

Or maybe the meal they had on their flight was not all that bad, or horrible and they can cook better even if they don't know how to cook...

I don't know...:D

I can ramble about about this one Warrior II that has been giving me problems for the last 2 times I tried to solo in it. The engine would not start on one occasion. The DG spun madly on another.

I can talk about how much stuff there is to know even as a Private pilot, and that I'm supposed to be near the end of my training flying wise...but knowledge wise, I'm light years behind I think...I know my stuff, but there is always new things that come up that I shold know and dont...so I wonder if I'll ever know it all for my written, oral and practical...

Archer

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back