• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Archer

student pilot forever
Welcome to the Sky Bar!

A place to have a drink, meet and get to know some pilots, watch planes take off and land (drooling over Citation X's is allowed to a certain degree) :D ;)

Or simply sit back, relax, and listen to various conversations in from a distant, calm corner of the Bar, in the Sky Lounge section...with the big windows looking out onto the runways and the setting sun...

I'm Archer, a Junior in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering in the process of getting my PPL.

I dream a lot, and my aim is to one day have a Commercial/Instrument Multi Engine rating to be able to fly safely and comfortably with friends and family....a tail-tragger and aerobatic endorcment/training to go crazy with an Extra 300L someday...and perhaps even venture into professional flying...depending on where the winds direct me...

Well...come in an let us know about yourself...

Archer
Student Pilot

cmon ppl, chill out at the Sky Bar and let us know you :)

The only bar that I know of that fits your description is at the FBO at SAN. When I am in SAN I'll spend time at the beach, Tijuana, or whale watching, no thankyou to the airport and bar.

I've been posting on message boards for a while now, and in every single one, there has always been one thread that was not specific to any topic. People can come in and talk about their day, introduce themselves, meet the other people of the board, arrange meeting and so on. Getting to know each other basically.

I guess this board is not interested in such at thing.

Archer

Most of those other bbs' don't have near the participation that this one does. I think that the reason is largly due to this one having far fewer forums than do most. There are people who will respond to this string, be patient. If the subject is worth discussing, it will get attention. We don't need another sub-forum.

I'm not really sure what you are proposing, it sounds as if you are looking for a cyber hanger in which to hang out. It's here, but for it to be seen, someone must make a post. If you want to get it going, make a post.

regards,
8N

If the subject is worth discussing

The thing is, there is not subject in this thread. That's the whole point...just talking of whatever comes to mind, so that you can get to know one another.

I created an opportunity for this to happen, I started it off, as I don't see any such open-ended "hang out" thread anywhere else, it is up to everyone else, interesting in meeting fellow pilots and getting to know those who they spend hours upon hours discussion aviation matters.

Archer

Ok, I'll jump in. My comments for the day:

Women suck.

An unnecessary distraction to an otherwise rational, productive life. Could be perfectly content and more mentally flexible were it not for this encumberance. They'll accept consideration from all, but only show appreciation to those that can play the piano, not those who can go out, kill something, and drag it home on a regular basis. Makes no sense.

I see it a little different....thank mother nature for the existance of women :D

Deer hunting , baseball,surfing, flying, women just cost money.Once you realize that then you learn to forget them and enjoy life. Now the women that becomes your best friend that is a diffrent story.

i think youre better off just paying a professional to do the job, itll cost you less in the long run

Latest resources

Back