• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKW helps ASA through troubled time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was on a SBNATL flight yesterday, and the SBN gate agents said that when they showed up yesterday, the ASA flights were whacked and it was SKW9415.

Talking to the FA coming into ATL (an ORD UA operation F/A; cute too) she said they ferried planes and crews from hell and back to get the airplanes into position.

SBN ACS said it'll be this way for a month or so...

ATL damage is up for sure. Look for more too, and be careful, the ATL ramp is very low on staffing and new hires are doing things they should not be.

I had a plane down 30+ min for inspection of all three oxygen mask, they are required to get serial #'s for the entire fleet.

Medeco

Yeah, when we arrived here in ATL last night, none of the rampers precleared the clear zone, and there was a fueling hydrant left within the clear zone while we were allowed to taxi in, and just short of the hitting the hydrant.

I thought it was supposed to be you werent marshalled into the gate at all unless the clear zone was CLEAR?

ATL damage is up for sure. Look for more too, and be careful, the ATL ramp is very low on staffing and new hires are doing things they should not be.

I had a plane down 30+ min for inspection of all three oxygen mask, they are required to get serial #'s for the entire fleet.

Medeco

A lot of the new guys are mistakenly marshalling the 50's to far foward into the gate, and parking them on the 900 stop line. This pulls your right wing right into the refueling cart. We caught a groundcrew trying to do this to us yesterday, but we stopped it in time. Apparently, this is happening about once a week, according to the CPOs.

You get what you pay for! This will keep happening, as Delta in their infinite genius just doesn't get it. Spend a buck to save a penny.

You get what you pay for! This will keep happening, as Delta in their infinite genius just doesn't get it. Spend a buck to save a penny.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
Ever since NWA took over DAL, they have been doing this crap. This new DAL is gonna be a horrible place for everyone. NWA mgmt. was the very, very worst in the industry!

Medeco

A Chief told me that mainline puts all the new hires on our gates. So, if that's true, the ramp will always be worse than it even was several years ago. He also said the when our plane gets damaged, we eat it, not them??????????????

A Chief told me that mainline puts all the new hires on our gates. So, if that's true, the ramp will always be worse than it even was several years ago. He also said the when our plane gets damaged, we eat it, not them??????????????

Just wait til they get a bill from ASA soon. No joke.

Just wait til they get a bill from ASA soon. No joke.

Not nearly as bad as the amount we don't get paid for not covering a flight segment.

We'll lose out in the end as a company. The crews get Lost Block, but that is out of ASA's account, not Delta's.

I believe this is what Mesa and to a similar extent, ASA/SKW isfighting Delta over for $25 million.

Yeah, when we arrived here in ATL last night, none of the rampers precleared the clear zone, and there was a fueling hydrant left within the clear zone while we were allowed to taxi in, and just short of the hitting the hydrant.

I thought it was supposed to be you werent marshalled into the gate at all unless the clear zone was CLEAR?

It is also the flight crew's responsibility to not park until the clear zone is clear. Make them wait on you until you are satisfied that the area is clear and safe to park.

Latest resources

Back