• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkidMark Plus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
where were you prior? if it was so great, why did you leave?

CoEx

Got furloughed through no fault of ALPA.

A couple years ago a bunch of radical islamic terrorists decided it would be fun to kill a bunch of people. Maybe you've heard the story?

go back... the only thing alpa will do for skywest is the random free lunch... unless they are voted in... then they will stop that- but you can still get bumper stickers im sure

CoEx

Got furloughed through no fault of ALPA.

I thought that all of the CoEx guys who came here went back to CoEx when recalled. CoEx is a good place to be, why did you stay here?

You thought PBS took away vacation and user time fast, just wait and see how happy SGU will be when all the Vacation time and user time gets wiped off the books even faster with Skid minus. The reserves will still be used wrong while staffing can't keep up with training and attrition.

When fliers and booklets come out and BH wants it then how can it possibly be good for QOL? Red flags everywhere.

Have fun burning up your vacation and user time with PBS and skid minus.

Hmmm. Ok, I can possibly see that it might lower vacation/user time, but ONLY if reserve levels are high enough. Or if there are people willing to pick up a dropped trip. In the latter case I guess I can see where this might come out in management's favor.
Since you couldn't drop below min hours using the swap board before, I guess this does setup a situation where you might use more of your accrued time off. Kind of like vega$ where the house always comes out ahead: They don't force you to put your money on the table (For SGU: Use your accrued time), they just give you the opportunity and know the house always wins.

But then again, it does give crews an option to do this, where they couldn't before. Even though it might be a bit of an advantage for management (assuming it is good for vacation/user time to get used), I think this might be a good potential improvement to our QOL.

Thoughts?

-JP

Oh yeah, ditto for me in SLC. All red arrows. I did post a trip for drop, though. The UI is much beter than the swapboard.

I thought that all of the CoEx guys who came here went back to CoEx when recalled. CoEx is a good place to be, why did you stay here?

You thought wrong. A few of us stayed. Those that did all had their own reasons for not taking recall back to CoEx. I stayed because I really like working for SkyWest. (and couldn't stand the thought of living in Newark again) Being in favor of ALPA doesn't make you anti SkyWest....in spite of your best efforts to spin it that way.

go back...

I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

I left my ALPA carrier for SkyWest so I could be based in the mountains and participate in the activities I enjoy on my time off. Maybe ALPA will allow me to create some rules that make my schedule as good as it used to be at my ALPA carrier.

I know RED ARROWS aren't going to do it.

Being in favor of ALPA doesn't make you anti SkyWest....in spite of your best efforts to spin it that way./quote]

agreed.

and being against ALPA at SkyWest doesn't make you anti-ALPA, or anti-union, or pro-SAPA, despite your efforts to spin it that way.

Latest resources

Back