• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SJS - The Career Killer (tv spot)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's ok Joe. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. We're here to help you.

Tell us Joe. When did you first realize you were a victim of SJS?

Ditto. That was great!

It would be great to get that published in some of the magazines. Too bad they depend on SJS to sell ads.

JoeMhama said:
Hi, My name is Joe and I have SJS, and im not afraid to admit it.

Welcome, Joe.

I have BUTTS

Hi, my name is Jim, and I have BUTTS. :eek:

Big
Ugly
Twin
Turboprop
Syndrome

Where's my Sally?

P.S. Nice job, Bender.

This man deserves an Oscar.

Is there an antidote if you catch it early? I love my turboprop, but the jet keeps turning my head....I don't want to succumb!

Sure there's an antidote.

Don't accept a job for less than you're worth just because it's a jet.

Then, if one day you should find yourself flying a Boeing, Douglas, Airbus etc... it will be that much sweeter. Because you will have WORKED for it, EARNED it, and be compensated accordingly.

Good luck

jbDC9 said:
And the sad part? It's true... I overheard a CFI (Houston area) talking awhile back, saying he didn't want to apply to Colgan; something about Saabs, short hops, propellers... he was holding out for Expressjet baby! Yeah, jets! Long hauls crossing the country in an ERJ, that's where it's at! This, coming from a CFI plodding around the patch in beat up old Warriors and 172s... as if the lowly old SF-340 is beneath him. Simply amazing...

That's fine. Let him go straight to jets, and never realize the fun of doing 250 to the marker and being able to get dirty and slow down to Vref, stabilized on schedule. Or flying a Seminole-type pattern in a 29,000 lb turboprop, being asked "Can you make a short approach?" Or landing and seeing all the ice the thing handled, staying together through the heavy turbulence on that non-precision approach you just made.

There is a lot of flying I feel that I missed out on getting here so fast, but I thank my lucky stars that flying a turboprop like the Saab 340 was not one of the steps I missed. The thing was a blast.

Latest resources

Back