• Watchers 14

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Caveman said:
O.k. Let's look at some 2nd year rates. These are all 2nd year rates based on monthly guarantee. I threw in the Comair 2nd year CR7 FO as a basis for comparison. Keep in mind, all these other carriers are flying 'mainline' a/c. I think the CRJ FO stacks up fairly well. Especially if you consider that probably none of these other companies would give the 2nd year CR7 FO the time of day if he appplied to work there prior to succombing to SJS. CMR, while on the high end of the CR7 range, isn't an exception. Horizen is about the same and ASA is close.

Co/Monthly guar/per diem/B plan/401k/Equip

Allegiant $2940 $1.00 N 3% MD80

Amerijet $2665 unk N 4% 727

Champion $2405 $1.50 N N 727

Comair $3075 $1.75 Y 2.5% CR7

Miami Air $2940 unk N 1.5% 727 ($18K 3yr training contract)

North American $3120 $1.60 N 4% 767/757

Omni $3180 $1.50 N N DC10/757

Ryan $3770 $1.25 N 1.5% 737/757/MD80/A320

TransMeridian $3430 $1.50 N N 757/MD80

USAJet $3140 $1.58 N 5% DC9

Look at this list of fine employers you are comparing yourself to....

jesus thats sad.

I'm not comparing myself with anybody. There were a bunch of posts bemoaning what folks are getting paid to fly CRJ/ERJ's. They started hanging this SJS tag on them and I simply pointed out that there are lots of pilots flying bigger equipment for about the same compensation. What's the difference? Why is one group respected and the other condemned? I'm not excusing knuckleheads like 410 and GuppyKiller. Those two are just idiots. Most of the folks I fly with are mature, they've worked hard, they respect the profession, and they deserve to be in the seat they earned. Sure, they would like to be compensated better. Wouldn't we all. They aren't being paid any less than a lot of other pilots. Is the ex Herc driver sitting in the right seat of a North American 757 guilty of SJS? I don't think so, but the same guy in the right seat of an RJ is, right? Kind of a double standard if you ask me.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back