• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Sit back, relax, enjoy the flight"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I recently heard a SWA FO announce "Sit back and we'll see you on top." Let me guess, former F-15 pilot?

My question to everyone here is what would you realistically PREFER to hear (no slams as stated above)? What would not be trite? I mean, you gotta say something.... Is there a better way to say it - like, "We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy the flight." Short and sweet.

Why not try to make your customers feel comfortable? I'm sure they've not been comfortable up until now. I always treat the customer as I want to be treated. They are our Bread & Butter. With out them, we are nothing.

Nothing wrong with friendly, unobtrusive announcements, but the "sit back, relax" thing does sound dumb. I used to say it all the time until I read a funny news column where the writer was making fun of this very statement. I realized then how stupid it sounds, and that it really makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, do the passnegers really think to themselves, "Oh, okay. I think I will sit back and relax now that he told me that"?

semperfido said:
nothing at all would be nice!
Exactly! There are simply too many dang announcements on airline flights. The gate agent has something to say, the flight attendant says something, the pilot's say something, then the safety announcements. And nobody sounds good on an airline intercom! Do you really think anybody actually listens, even if they could understand with those scratchy speakers!

I truly believe that most passengers could care less about an in-flight PA,and to most,im sure its just plain annoying,but its allways good to keep em "In the Loop" no matter how cheesy the PA.I would guess that most pax would think its not very professional to not say anything at all.

migio said:
I would guess that most pax would think its not very professional to not say anything at all.
most of my buds would think it a blessing. the exception is if there is some useful info--- not "the grand canyon is on the right" or "sit back,relax and enjoy the flight". when they take away the surly FA and the 7 yr old kicking my seat back then i will relax. not to mention the fat guy choking down a stinking burrito in the next seat.:)

Would you people please stop trying to be cool.

Everything is dorky
Everything is bland.
Everything is chiche.

You think they actually listen??? And if they do they're muttering to themselves "why do these drunks always wake me up, I'm miserable enough as it is on this little airplane"

People...we drive glorified biz jets with a decent schedule and embarrassing pay. I have as much fun as I can and yes, I occassionally say folks and the ol' sit back relax bit. Some oldies are goodies. Put all the thought into it that u want. But stop acting like its the cool thing to do this, and not that.

PLEASE, stop being overly modest, yet somehow anal about the smallest things in this dillussional world where you're a "cool, smooth talking, not taking any pictures flying, hat wearing, over myself plain Joe airline pilot."

It's hypocrytical! Oh, he's dorky for wearing this or being in this picture, but gosh it is soo not cool to say "folks". It's a funny thread but the sad thing is I'll bet half the people here sit in front of their bathroom mirrors practicing these "unique" PA's.

You do that, I'm gonna go have some Eggnog. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays.

T-Hawk

migio said:
I truly believe that most passengers could care less about an in-flight PA,and to most,im sure its just plain annoying,but its allways good to keep em "In the Loop" no matter how cheesy the PA.I would guess that most pax would think its not very professional to not say anything at all.
Definately keep the pax in the loop, but having the gate agent, flight attendent, and pilot all mumble something about having a nice flight! How about STFU!

Latest resources

Back