• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sirius Stiletto

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I looked at them yesterday at Best Buy. I'm gonna get one, and asked alot of questions. What do you want to know?

just want to make sure they have descent performane in the air. I have a friend with an xm inno that says his doesn't work above 3000 ft

They are so new, I am having a hard time finding anyone with airborne experience with the units either.

I've had a Sirius receiver in my car for over a year. No complaints. Great reception and selection.

XM works fine above 3,000'. XM radio/weather services are in all of our G1000 aircraft and I'm at an airport above 5,000'.

g

I just bought a Stilleto a few days ago and took it on a flight the other day from MA to IA. It was horrible. It kept cutting out every 10 or so seconds. I was using the included headset/antenna and the internal antenna. Both had same results. However, I had the same results driving down the road in a car. I had to shut the thing down because it was driving me crazy trying to move the antenna all over the cockpit trying to find the best reception.

So I am hoping that if I buy the car kit I will get better reception with the antenna the car kit comes with.

Does it work well at slow speeds? I am very interested to know how it works with the kit.

Latest resources

Back