• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Single-pilot jets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew a Cheyenne and Citation single pilot before my current Gulfstream job. All I can say is that it was a very interesting two years! I had a "crapload" of time before this gig and I still found there were days that were very challenging flying by my lonesome. I can't say the experience didn't make me a better pilot, but I can say I wasn't a safer pilot pilot without a second set of eyes and hopefully, a functioning brain from a copilot. To each his own and pay whatever the insurance man says, but a high performance single pilot jet CAN be too much of a handful for some pilots, super experienced or not. If you are deadset (no pun intended)on flying a jet SP, operate out of less congested airports. Like go to Manassas instead of Dulles or Peachtree instead of Hartsfield. I found this to be the greatest work load reducer, but a copilot works even better.

2500 hours of flying in the practice area does not prepare one to be a captain on a jet. 300 hours of turbine is about enough to not be dangerous as a copilot. You have a way to go yet before you're ready.

Forget about it. He can't be talked to. He has 300 hours and knows it all already.

Hey ksu, go back to manhattan and sit down at a restaurant at Aggieville(I think that in what it's called) and order yourself a nice bowl of dicks!!!! I grew up half my childhood in that town, They must have given you the key to the 7-11 crapper!!! And I know you gotta be proud!!!

Yea, um can I insure my daughters Barbie jeep with you??? I asked about insurance!!!!

A$$hole!!!!!

My 7-month-old son is now asleep and I am not typing on my ipad so allow me to retort.

Yo old dudes, like whatever man!!! All I waz axing was an opion on an planz for some bling bling to make mo' money for all my baby momma's!! I aplogixs for offending youz if I did!!!

However, thank you for all the constructive responses along with the information, I will research your views and opinions to reach a decision.

Although it does not matter to anyone but those involved in the process, I am not a 300/500-hour wonder. I have over 3000 hours with 500 multi and 300-turbine time with ZERO accidents or incidents. The insurance company has approved my application for the past two years for the value of the airplane.

Hey ksu, go back to manhattan and sit down at a restaurant at Aggieville(I think that in what it's called) and order yourself a nice bowl of dicks!!!! I grew up half my childhood in that town, They must have given you the key to the 7-11 crapper!!! And I know you gotta be proud!!!

Yea, um can I insure my daughters Barbie jeep with you??? I asked about insurance!!!!

A$$hole!!!!!

As presented, Exhibit A in the argument that second-career-types in aviation ought be regarded with an answerable-level of suspicion.

I hear the insurance rates on psychopaths is typically higher than someone a bit less frothy at the mouth.

I was going to contribute something useful here. But I've been busy busting minimums and plowing through "level five thunderstorms" with 400,000 pounds of metal strapped to my ass.

I was going to contribute something useful here. But I've been busy busting minimums and plowing through "level five thunderstorms" with 400,000 pounds of metal strapped to my ass.

"Busting minimums"? Now just what did those minimums ever do to you that made you break them? :p

I have been flying jets single pilot for years with the F/Os they give me that don't have a clue and a few captains too.
Capt. Seth where you at these days?

BayBum

Latest resources

Back