Single for 4 people

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jeff Helgeson said:
I can tell it is in the bush, but it looks more like dipping the wheels, hotdogging, etc. Many a pilot has taken that too far and landed in the water or flipped the plane over in the water.

Maybe the approach was to slow the plane down while landing on the beach.

It just seemed odd to me to chastize a CFI for an over weight A/C with an AVITAR that looked to me to be skimming the water without floats.
Me thinks you read way too much into an avitar. But if you think it's really necessary I'll change it. What would you recommend?

'Sled

Jeff Helgeson said:
It just seemed odd to me to chastize a CFI for an over weight A/C with an AVITAR that looked to me to be skimming the water without floats.
Well... your avatar shows an airplane with no wings. How safe is that!:D

PS-Lead, I thought you said that was your R/C cub?;)

HMR said:
Lead, I thought you said that was your R/C cub?;)
Nope, I just finished off loading 3 passengers and I decided to do a little trolling. You know, sorta like the famous F-14 water spray photo only with a Cub.

Note to self: Time to scrape the black off of the kettle.

'Sled

Dippin' wheels, pullin' wheelies....

Lead Sled said:
As long as we're talking weight and balance, how's this for an appropriate avitar?

'Sled

Oh the humanity! I'll never finish the Wings program now.

I give up, I'm callin' it a night.

Jeff

PS: What ever you do, don't stick that bean up your nose, little Jonny.....I mean Lead!

wiggsfly said:
Another option might be a Cessna 206. They'll hold the people and all, however you might want to look for one with long range tanks or you'll be stopping a lot.
I just did a long XC and we stopped every 4.5 hours or so for fuel...it was a mad dash for the BR every time we stopped...and we purposefully dehydrated ourselves.

With four people on board, frequent stops might be more desirable than not.

Come on people can you look me in the eye and tell me you have never flown an airplane over weight? Didnt think so! There is a huge difference between taking a personal flight and flying with a student. The trip to texas was personal so no example was being set. Trust me the plane could have flown with 6 people if it had the seats.

flyboyzz1 said:
Come on people can you look me in the eye and tell me you have never flown an airplane over weight? Didnt think so! There is a huge difference between taking a personal flight and flying with a student. The trip to texas was personal so no example was being set. Trust me the plane could have flown with 6 people if it had the seats.

My PPL check flight was overweight. We had a fully gassed Tomahawk, which has a "brochure" payload with full fuel of 402 pounds according to pipertomahawk.com (I forget the actual weights on the aircraft we flew - presumably, it had a bit less useful load than the sales brochure). I was <130 pounds at that time, and the inspector put us a bit overweight. BIG guy.

I was almost afraid that this was a test - Maybe I should have said, "Sorry, I can't test with you, I need a lighter FAA inspector." I was too much of a newbie or a wuss to ask to remove fuel. I acknowledged the overweight condition when I did my weight and balances for him, and he didn't make an issue of it.

Last edited:
flyboyzz1 said:
Come on people can you look me in the eye and tell me you have never flown an airplane over weight?
I've never flown an airplane over MGTOW.

As the other poster said, I've probably been in a C-150 or Tomahawk that was 20-30 lbs over gross with full tanks, but no, I can't recall ever loading a larger airplane over gross knowingly. Certainly not 100 lbs over gross.

Latest resources

Back