Single for 4 people

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyboyzz1 said:
I made a trip from Chicago to Texas this past summer in a TC182. We took 4 people 2 of which were big boys... very. Full tanks and baggage and a short runway no problem. We were over gross weight by a ton but hey if it fits the 182 can take it.

Don't you mean that you were "at max gross weight?".....

I made a trip from Chicago to Texas this past summer in a TC182. We took 4 people 2 of which were big boys... very. Full tanks and baggage and a short runway no problem. We were over gross weight by a ton but hey if it fits the 182 can take it.

2000 pounds over gross! WOW!

Actually, that sounds like a lot of fun. I think that having 4 people on the trip might actually be... well, pretty crappy actually. It'd be a blast with 2-3 though, especially if they were all pilots so you could rotate the duties.

-Goose

2000 pounds over gross! WOW![/QUOTE]

huh? That plane can take it like a champ! We did the W&B and came out to be 150lbs over... didn't even know that extra weight was there.

182's rule. I wish mine could haul that much... I like the 210, it's fast, fuel economic and fun to fly. Take the 210!

Last edited:
A C210 would be a good a/c for the job. 160 kts TAS x 60 lph (whatever that is in USG).

You could also consider an A36 Bonanza. Same performance & fuel consumption. Not as much cargo space though, and worse vis for the pax.

A Piper Lance would do it as well although speed is usually a bit slower.

If they're not too heavy or pack light-ish then a C182 or C182RG would also work. Approx 30 or 15 kts slower, respectively, than the C210.

flyboyzz1 said:
You're a CFI? You're sure setting a great example.

'Sled

I agree, however.....

Lead Sled said:
You're a CFI? You're sure setting a great example.

'Sled

....that is a pretty tough statement coming from a pilot with your AVITAR?!

Pot, Kettle, they both look pretty black to me.

Jeff Helgeson said:
....that is a pretty tough statement coming from a pilot with your AVITAR?!

Pot, Kettle, they both look pretty black to me.
Jeff...
I don't get your point. What is wrong with making a wheel landing on 1/4" of standing water?

'Sled

The AVITAR is impressive, but doesn't look to safe to me

Lead Sled said:
Jeff...
I don't get your point. What is wrong with making a wheel landing on 1/4" of standing water?

'Sled

I can tell it is in the bush, but it looks more like dipping the wheels, hotdogging, etc. Many a pilot has taken that too far and landed in the water or flipped the plane over in the water.

Maybe the approach was to slow the plane down while landing on the beach.

It just seemed odd to me to chastize a CFI for an over weight A/C with an AVITAR that looked to me to be skimming the water without floats.

Latest resources

Back