Single engine ATP add on to multi ATP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

Where can I find what is required to add a SE ATP privlidges to a already existing multi engine ATP? I can't seem to find this anywhere in the PTS.

Thanks

From page 7 of the current ATP PTS

Use of the Practical Test Standards

[FONT=Arial,Arial]The TASKs in this PTS are for an initial airline transport pilot certificate, or the addition of a category, class, or aircraft type rating to an airline transport pilot certificate. All appropriate TASKs required for an initial type rating are also required for pilot-in-command proficiency checks conducted in accordance with 14 CFR part 61, section 61.58.[/FONT]

All TASKs are required, [FONT=Arial,Arial]except as noted. When a particular element [/FONT]is not appropriate to the aircraft or its equipment, [FONT=Arial,Arial]that element may be omitted. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial]If the multiengine airplane used for the flight check does not publish a VMC, then the "Limited to Centerline Thrust" restriction will be added to any certificate issued from this check, unless competence in a multiengine airplane with a published VMC has already been demonstrated. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial]Examples of element exceptions are: integrated flight systems for aircraft not so equipped, operation of landing gear in fixed gear aircraft, multiengine TASKs in single-engine aircraft, or other situations where the aircraft operation is not compatible with the requirement of the element. [/FONT]

So basicly, you have to go through the entire PTS regardless of the type of test you're going for. You just omit the things that your particular airplane is not capable of. Just about every other PTS contains a matrix page that tells you which tasks to do for a particular test or addon rating, but the ATP doesn't have that.

In the front of every PTS there's a matrix which shows what tasks can be credited based upon your current certificates and ratings.

Check the ATP PTS and it should show you in a grid format which tasks are required for the SE ATP add-on.

I think you just have to do chandelles and turns about a point or something like that. I have heard from some military guys that went back to add on their SE rating, and they only had to do 2 or 3 maneuvers.

I think you just have to do chandelles and turns about a point or something like that. I have heard from some military guys that went back to add on their SE rating, and they only had to do 2 or 3 maneuvers.

Assuming he already has a commercial single, there's nothing like that. It's pretty much just a fancy instrument ride.

and a complete waste of the student and examiners' time.

I think there are operations that require a SE ATP when they fly Caravans or PC-12s scheduled 135. Or, maybe you were just implying that the ME ATP should automatically give you the SE?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back