• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Simuflite Right Seat Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now a few people who have done it. A couple were offered corporate jobs from working there and at the very least you will learn a ton.

Just curious, you have other options to get turbine jet experience with 650 hours TT? Not to mention the great CRM exposure.

turbine jet experience

I will not argue that it is a great learning opportunity. There are many facets of operating a jet that will not be learned in the sim. It is a great way to supplement experience, but I argue it is not jet experience. It is level d simulator experience.

I will not argue that it is a great learning opportunity. There are many facets of operating a jet that will not be learned in the sim. It is a great way to supplement experience, but I argue it is not jet experience. It is level d simulator experience.

True. However, the reality is that being simulator current will get you those turbine contract trips that others with more experience and hours won't. For the most part, specific operators have to get approval on a case by case basis from their respective insurance carriers on what pilots they can use as a crew memeber, and the insurance folks want current simulator training. So as an operator, who are you going to choose? The guy with 5000 hours that you have to send to school for $15,000 or the right -seater that is simulator current and only charges $250/day. Not saying this is right. Not saying all operators do this. But...that's the reality of it.

Latest resources

Back