simuflite DFW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NYYfan

im heading down to simuflite dfw for two weeks and i was just curious whats there to do in the area incase i get a day or two off

NYYfan said:
im heading down to simuflite dfw for two weeks and i was just curious whats there to do in the area incase i get a day or two off

You name it.

1. American Airlines Museum
2. FTW Center tour
3. Book Depository and site of Kennedy assination.
4. Dallas Alley (it's been years since I've been there but it was a great place to have a cold one.
5. Fort Worth Zoo
6. Golf courses all over the place.
7. If you're into the Gentleman's clubs, used to be a row of them near Love. (Again, thats 15 year old intel).
8. When I used to go to SimuFlite our customer rep always had an extra ticket or two to whatever sporting event was going on that time of year.

I know there are many more that those on this board can expand on.

Do not forget EAT and some of the greatest .... and most expensive ... "Gentleman's" clubs in the country!

The Stockyards...and pick up some cow poop encased in acrylic...don't worry about finding them...they are everywhere at The Stockyards!

Eric

The Texas Book Depositary and Kennedy Museum is very interesting, and a worthwhile visit.

I have to admit I've never made it there when at Simuflite, however-- it's too much of a drive. It's a great excursion if you are on an overnight at DAL, though.

If you go to the Ft Worth stockyards be sure to eat at the "Cattlemen's" It has always had the best beef in the world whenever I've eaten there.

The Galareia has some of the most spectacular shopping in Texas if not the world and the female scenery is also world class.

And don't forget BBQ !

Cool River in Las Colinas (sp.) is awesome.........I also recommend Esparza's in Grapevine (killer tex mex). We stay at the Embassy Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine.

-fatburger-

I just got back..stayed in Grapevine. There was not a whole lot to do that I found, although I didn't really have time for it anyway. I went to the Stockyards and that was cool for a few hours. Cozymels was pretty good mexican food. That's about all i've got for ya.

If you have time, try Uncle Julio's in FTW. Some of the finest mexican north of the border! If you're not in the mood for Mexican, I recommend the quail!

There is also a newer place right on the corner going into the stockyards and the name escapes me now (my 10th day in Europe will do that to me :D).

As "fatburger" said, the Embassy is nice. I've spent several hours at the Bass ProShop. :D They also have a fantastic restaurant there serving several wild game dishes and some fantastic inhouse brewed beer!:beer:

Latest resources

Back