• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sim Prep for UAL interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can I ask what is unique about United's sim check that warrants a sim prep for anyone flying a normal schedule? I'm going to visit Albief15 at the end of the month for an interview prep, but need to consider the sim prep as well. I don't have any interviews scheduled.

If you've been flying glass for the last 5-10-15 years as a lot of people have and you get thrown into a steam gauge sim, it might take 5 minutes or so to get used to it. The problem with that is the sim ride is about 5 minutes. I'd rather get those first five minutes out of the way somewhere else.

Granted, it might not matter, but like I said before, I want to leave the interview thinking "there isn't anything more I could have done to be ready for this" rather than going "damn I wish I had....xxxxxx".

Like I said earlier, MS flight simulator is a great sim prep tool as well. You can load the ac they are using for the sim eval, use the gouge and practice the ride over and over. Everytime I got into the sim to do the eval, I felt like I was looking at my computer screen. It was almost always identical to what I had practiced which made the ride very simple. Definitely a very simple way to prepare.

Latest resources

Back