Sim instructor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psysicx

Can some tell me how they like being a sim instructor?I heard that Flightsaftey starts at 70,000 with benefits.Do people make careers out of this.Also what kind of time do you need to have to get on.I heard just an ATP.Sounds good to be home everynight.Thanks

extensive time in type and a friend at FSI.

those rates and benefits for FSI were pre-9/11. most of the transport instructrs found themselves downsized in early '02.

as for a career: can you handle siting in a dark box saying "let's try that again" four hours at a time repeating the same five lessons over and over?

At Simuflite they offer pay compairable to what line pilots make in that model aircraft, an 8 day rotating schedule with day 7 and 8 off (and you can count on it) and most of the other normal stuff. If you like to teach you will love it. If you don't you wont.

Inconceivable said:
can you handle siting in a dark box saying "let's try that again" four hours at a time repeating the same five lessons over and over?

If I never get furloughed from said box, then yeah, probably. But then again, I'd be a CFI my whole life if I could make enough money to buy a house.

-Goose

jimpilot said:
At Simuflite they offer pay compairable to what line pilots make in that model aircraft, an 8 day rotating schedule with day 7 and 8 off (and you can count on it) and most of the other normal stuff. If you like to teach you will love it. If you don't you wont.

I worked part-time (hourly) for SimuFlite. The atmosphere was wonderful and the people were great. You also get the opportunity to get type ratings in other aircraft (space available).

Like everything in aviation, it's what you make of it.

I have a friend that left corporate flying to work at FSI and he's been very happy with it. Pay is great and he works a 7 on 6 off type schedule. Like others have said, if you can stand the 9-5 office type work then you may like it....some aren't cut out for that though.

SkyBoy1981 said:
Like others have said, if you can stand the 9-5 office type work then you may like it....some aren't cut out for that though.

9-5? What about that guy who gets stuck with the 5am sim slot?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back